Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

YTD expression with if condition

Hello All,

I am trying to develop a chart for all available activities.

The chart has to display YTD data. The required formula for expression is : (Total Cost of Activity) / (Exchange Rate).

So, The YTD formula is:

(sum({<YEAR={$(vMaxYear)},Start_Date={"<=$(vMaxDate)"},Month1=,Type=>}TotalCostofActivity))

/ (Avg({<YEAR={$(vMaxYear)},Start_Date={"<=$(vMaxDate)"},Month1=>}EXCHANGE_RATE)

I have a situation where, some values of Total cost of Activity are null and some values of Exchange rate are null.

The chart displays wrong total amounts.

Can you all Please help me to develop dual if condition for the above mentioned YTD formula such that, zero value is displayed if either total cost of activity or exchange rate is null.

7 Replies
sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

may be try

(sum({<YEAR={$(vMaxYear)},Start_Date={"<=$(vMaxDate)"},Month1=,Type=>} if(len(trim(TotalCostofActivity))=0,0,TotalCostofActivity)))

/

(Avg({<YEAR={$(vMaxYear)},Start_Date={"<=$(vMaxDate)"},Month1=>} if(len(trim(EXCHANGE_RATE))=0,0,EXCHANGE_RATE))

hth

Sasi

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can try this.

(sum({<YEAR={$(vMaxYear)},Start_Date={"<=$(vMaxDate)"},Month1=,Type=>} if(len(trim(TotalCostofActivity))=0,0,TotalCostofActivity)))

/

(Avg({<YEAR={$(vMaxYear)},Start_Date={"<=$(vMaxDate)"},Month1=>} if(len(trim(EXCHANGE_RATE))=0,0,EXCHANGE_RATE))

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Without a sample qvw, I guess that the values are coming out as null, and not as missing. Then use:

=Alt((sum({<YEAR={$(vMaxYear)},Start_Date={"<=$(vMaxDate)"},Month1=,Type=>}TotalCostofActivity))

/ (Avg({<YEAR={$(vMaxYear)},Start_Date={"<=$(vMaxDate)"},Month1=>}EXCHANGE_RATE), 0)

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

hi

have you managed to solve your issue?

Sasi

Not applicable
Author

Hi sasidhar,

I am still working on the issue.I don't have a solution as yet.

Appreciate all of you for your suggested solutions.

I will update once I find a solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

give this a try,

create two new variable:

vYTDStart =Min({<Year={"$(vMaxYear)"}, Month=>} date)

vYTDEnd =MAx({<Year={"$(vMaxYear)"}>} date)

Expression:

Sum({<Year=,Type=,Month=, date={'>=$(vYTDStart)<=$(vYTDEnd)'}>}TotalCostofActivity) /

/ Avg({<Year=,Month=, date={'>=$(vYTDStart)<=$(vYTDEnd)'}>}EXCHANGE_RATE)

Bon

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II