Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create kill QV task

Hi all,

I want to create a task which kills all running QV processes.

How do I do it?

Thanks,

Inna

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

exactly these tasks I want to kill before restart.

So should I use the batch file as was suggested?

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi ,

Right click on QV.exe and click End Process tree.

Or Restart Qlikview Server at Loca Services of Qlikview Server machine. Hope this will help.

Untitled.png

marcus_sommer

The restart from server will kill each process in the same way like such routine in beforehand - you won't not really get an advantage from those killings (unless there are some long timeout-settings for the OS to wait if a process didn't response in a certain time).

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus I will try to manage just with restart.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I know that option.

I needed something automatic, but now Marcus tells me that I don't need.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Question is:

Why would you want to automate the killing of the QV services and restarting of the machine?

This is not something you are going to do often. Exceptions being "needing to add more hardware" or "installing other software".

A common misconception is thinking QlikView has some sort of a "memory leak", because over time it eats up 70% of your RAM  (and as a result people want to restart the server / service). This ("memory eating") is actually a good thing, as QlikView caches calculation in memory for speeding up your QlikView applications. Killing your server service will remove those cachings from memory and actually make your applications on average slower.

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Wow, what a good point!

So I will disable this restart and share it with my team members!