Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Keep source Formatting

Hello Experts,

Is there any way to keep source formatting from qlikview, when Pixel perfect is used. For eg: I have a table and used Level to get the fields on to the Pixel perfect template. As my Straight table in Qlikview has calculated dimension where I am displaying two fields in one single dimension with a carriage return.

But in Npritning i cannot use Keep source formatting when pixel perfect is used.

Any ideas please let me know. ??

Thanks,
V.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

You will need to build a single report in Nprinting using whichever tempalte works best - the tempalte will include the 6 graphs and 2 tables, since that is your report.  This is done the same way whether you are generating the report through a schedule or on-demand.  You can place the report in a task and in the task specify the output as pdf - your on demand button can call the task (you can also have the on demand button call the report as well and specify output type as pdf)

attached is an nprinting training environment - if you open the sales demo with ajax qvw and look at the On Demand tab there is a good example of what you want to do - use excel to generate a pdf

View solution in original post

24 Replies
Not applicable

I am not aware of that ability within PixelPerfect, like it existis in other tempaltes, such as excel.

In PixelPerfect you are basically rebuilding the report.  Is there a specific reason for PixelPerfect as opposed to other templates that contain that functionality?

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III
Author

Hello Adam,

Thanks very much for your reply. My client wants to generate the report in PDF itself. So, just wondering if any alternative way of giving a carriage return in those rows??

Any ideas??

Not applicable

you can use any office template (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to generate the report in a pdf format, so if you are using PixelPerfect just for PDF, you have other options

If you right click on the chart and send to Excel, if your format looks OK that way, I would suggest using an Excel NPrinting template, but when you build your task, use pdf as output format for that report

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III
Author

Sorry Adam, I quite did not get it. Please correct me, You mean built the report using excel and then in the On-demand button settings just change the format to PDF is that what you are mentioning here. As i have 6 graphs and two tables to be generated into one single PDF. Would you mind elaborating a little bit, I feel i understood bits and pieces here.

Please do the needful.

Thanks
V.

Not applicable

You will need to build a single report in Nprinting using whichever tempalte works best - the tempalte will include the 6 graphs and 2 tables, since that is your report.  This is done the same way whether you are generating the report through a schedule or on-demand.  You can place the report in a task and in the task specify the output as pdf - your on demand button can call the task (you can also have the on demand button call the report as well and specify output type as pdf)

attached is an nprinting training environment - if you open the sales demo with ajax qvw and look at the On Demand tab there is a good example of what you want to do - use excel to generate a pdf

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III
Author

Hello Adam, This sounds interesting and would give a try. However, could you please help me understand the below statement how i can call from On demand button I mean?? Highlighted in bold underlined below

You can place the report in a task and in the task specify the output as pdf - your on demand button can call the task (you can also have the on demand button call the report as well)

Thanks,
V.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III
Author

Oops missed that. Thanks very much Adam for your time. Will look into that zip file you have sent.

Please ignore my previous reply on OnDemand.

Thanks very much, will try and get back. Appreciate your time.

Thanks,
V.

Not applicable

when you add your NPrinting extension objects, you can add na NP Report or NP Task object - one will call  a report(s) and one will call task(s).  The report or task the button calls will be in the Properties of the object in either Report Settings or Task settings, depending on the object you are using.  Report settings privide an output format where you can define the output format of the report - task does not provide that since the task specifies the output format

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III
Author

Hello Adam,

Thanks very much i tried using Power Point Report, but for the tables I have added two tables with keep source formatting checked but when i previewed it as said there are two fields with a carriage returns showing as single field in my straight table. It does not do the carriage return when pulled into Nprinting. And my table has got 15 rows and it is going out of the page, i mean some of rows are truncated and not going to the next page. Any settings to be looked into here?? Please advise?

Thanks,
V.