cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quriouss
Creator III
Creator III

License requirements for "Anonymous Access"

Is there a document somewhere on how to provide "Anonymous" access to Qlik Sense?

Looking through the QMC there are various options to set up Anonymous access to various sheets, but I can't seem to find anything on the licensing requirements.  What if two Anon users connect at the same time?  Does that require two licenses?

If anyone can point me towards a document I'd be ever-so grateful.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi,

I don't have a document describing it but i would say that you need to set your Tokens to Login-access since you can't tie the token to a named user.

you can read more about it in the help section http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/anonymous-authe...

BR

Fredrik

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

I don't have a document describing it but i would say that you need to set your Tokens to Login-access since you can't tie the token to a named user.

you can read more about it in the help section http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/anonymous-authe...

BR

Fredrik

quriouss
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks, I think I've got it, but one more question which isn't 100% clear to me;

If I assign a login-access token will that mean that each Anonymous login consumes 1/10 of a token?

If two users login anonymously at the same time, it will be 2/10 of a token (etc.)

So there is no advantage (beyond admin load) of named vs.. anonymous users, if they are not going to change their usage patterns?

(Just trying to do the calculations around how many licenses we need).

Not applicable

No there is no difference in using anonymous or not, in combination with login-access. It works the same even with authenticated users and login-access. Two sessions from different users will consume 2/10 of a token.

I think the browser saves a cookie that keeps the session between the user and the server.

BR

Fredrik

Sent from my mobile

sivaramr
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

The hyperlink in the answer is not valid now. Can any one please update the link.

Thanks