Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Report setting: Default Qlikview Server

Hi,

In NPrinting under Report setting there is a property call 'Default Qlikview Server' which will determine the default server for every new connection. As the property falls under 'Report settings' you would expect that it only effects the current .nsq.

I  found, that hard and painful way, that this property affects all .nsq's on the same machine. We have TST and PRD domains on the same machine only separated by different folders. This means the if i change the setting on TST folder, it would also be reflected on the PRD....

Is this by design?

Dror

5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Can you explain what you mean when you say:

"We have TST and PRD domains on the same machine"

A single windows server can only be a member of a single windows domain.

Please clarify when you have a moment.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Frank,

That was poor choice of words. we're mainting TST and PRD enviroment on the same machine.

Dror

Frank_S
Support
Support

The way NPrinting is constructed, it presumes that you only install a single server installation where files for a single environment will be stored.

So yes this is by design.

The purpose of relative paths is to ensure smooth movement of files between two separate computers with similar drive path with with separate root drives.

Ie:

TestServer - c:\nprinting\nprintingtemplates

ProdServer - f:\nprinting\nprintingtemplates

relative path on both computers ..\nprinting\nprintingtemplates

I would recommend a separate test server. You may contact your Qlik account manager for details.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Ok. The naming is misleading. As this property is adjustable on every. Nsq you would assume it's a .nsq (report) level property. I would put it on the service settings

Verzonden vanaf mijn Samsung-apparaat

Frank_S
Support
Support

If you wish to submit a feature request, you may do so here:

General: Hot (155 ideas) – Customer Feedback for Vizubi