Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview or Qlik Sense?

Hi there,

I'm fresh new here and also newbie in Qlik, but I am glad to be part of this strong and supporting community. 😉

I have a requirements to implement a report with a layout like the one below: three sections: A] the lower part of the screen is a table (a Oracle view), based on that table the user should be able to pick up in the B] top left aria any of the columns from A section and play with them, and finally, C] in top right aria of the screen, dynamically draw a chart based on values in section B.

The data source is Oracle where I have to load from some views (~30). The biggest view has ~25 mil records and growing.Layout_Browser.png

The "mighty user" shall be also able to decide which of those 30 tables want to appear in the lower part of the layout.

As well, I need a web-based, responsive and adaptive design report.

Now, my questions:

1) is Qlik Sense able to accomplish this expectations or shall I go for Qlikview?

2) what would be the requirements for a PC to be able to handle loading such big amount of data?

Many thanks in advance!

Ovidiu

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

thanks a lot for your helpful answer.

Meanwhile I tried to make a first step toward the project i want to do. I've tried to import the data from my tables, in both Qlik Sense Desktop and Qlikview. But, sadly, w/o succes. Both apps were freezing/crashing after few ... hours of "doing" something (=trying to create the SYN links between tables).

Therefore, for a start would be even more helpful and welcome if I could talk with one of your engineers about how I can overcome this limit.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Ovidiu,

Someone should be reaching out to you shortly. If you don't hear anything please let us know.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

There is also a third option which would be to use Qlik Sense but build your own custom front-end using the Qlik Sense APIs. Since what your boss is looking for is a very specific user experience you are going to be hard pressed to find a product that will do it out of the box to 100%.

So you could use Qlik Sense in-memory and aggregation technology and our charts but build our your own custom front-end using normal web technologies. Based on the sketch you provided in the initial post it should not be a lot of work to get something up and running that would be custom just for you.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately I've not been contacted yet, and I still need some support here.

Thanks a lot!

Yours,

Ovidiu

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

On it 🙂

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik