Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Line Graph Questions

Does anyone know why Qlikview squishes your data points tighter and leaves space at the begging and end of your x-axis as you expand your x axis?  Is there a fix to this?  Formatting the x-axis does not fix this either, very odd.

Capture1.PNG

Also, my understanding is that the number format will not apply unless you create a static step.  Is this correct?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok, final installment of the final solution to my original question.  I have now figured out what is needed to bring the line chart to the edges of the chart.  Once you have established the axis is continuous, you can create a formula for static min and max.  This will ensure your graph starts and stops at the edges.  Here is my formula for static min:  =min(GetFieldSelections(Month_Year)).  I also have added a reference line that plots the average of the time period presented.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I am not sure what you mean by number format.

as far as the squishing goes, click somewhere in your chart without making selections and do ctrl-shift

You will see red borders around the various parts of the chart - try draging the ends to resize

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Changing the the boarders around the chart does not impact this.

By number format I mean the number format set in the object.  As you can see in my picture there is only one decimal but the number format is set to 2.  I read somewhere that the chart will ignore the number format setting you have unless you have a static step.  I tried that and it appears correct.  I'm just wondering if that is truly how its suppose to work.  You should be able to control the number format in the number format tab in my opinion.  Not sure what the logic is here.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

OK, I think I figured this out.  I think it has to do with selecting the Continuous option for the Dimension Axis in the Axes tab.  The graph is the same but it adjust the axis labels to fit the space.  If you dont select continuous it doesnt know how to space out the labels (I guess).  It still does not start and end the graph at the min/max but it does look better.

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok, final installment of the final solution to my original question.  I have now figured out what is needed to bring the line chart to the edges of the chart.  Once you have established the axis is continuous, you can create a formula for static min and max.  This will ensure your graph starts and stops at the edges.  Here is my formula for static min:  =min(GetFieldSelections(Month_Year)).  I also have added a reference line that plots the average of the time period presented.

Capture.PNG