Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

QS new feature on Variable How to replace by Variable from Extension ?

Hi All

I have a QS doc which i already apply using variable from extension. Since now QS have build in variable , i like to make use of build in variable for my application . So that when i click on :-

month chart show month

product chart show product

var build in.png

Hope some one can advise me.

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Hi Paul

The new variable feature allows the user to manage variables from the front end rather than allow the user to set the variable value themselves.  You still need to use the QSVariable extension to create the functionality you have until Qlik Sense bring out their own button, dropdown slider objects to control variable setting in the dashboard.

Regards

Andy

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Change the values of your variable from 1,2,3 to the names of the dimensions. Then use $(vSalesView) as chart expression. See attached qvf.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Gysbert

Thank you very much for your reply. May i know how to create a box for user to click on month or product ? As when i remove the extension for variable ( 3th party ) , the box is shown invaild visualization.

var missing.png

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Hi Paul

The new variable feature allows the user to manage variables from the front end rather than allow the user to set the variable value themselves.  You still need to use the QSVariable extension to create the functionality you have until Qlik Sense bring out their own button, dropdown slider objects to control variable setting in the dashboard.

Regards

Andy

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Andy

Thank you very much for your reply.

Paul

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Gysbert

I notice that you save the file name using the post link number 180869 , may i know why ? and the file name there are charater mean what ?

Hope you can share with me.

Paul

Gysbert_Wassenaar

By using the number of the discussion in the file name I can easily find the document on my hard disk again. And the other way around too. I can easily find the discussion that I once made the document for.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Gysbert

Thank you for your explanation , how about the Comm ?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

comm ... community