Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

can't see a peer's data load editor scripts

Hi there! --  Thanks in advance for your help. we're two Qlik sense developers on our team and we can't figure out how to see each other's data load editor's script. Can you help?

18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I just realised my previous reply was somewhat incorrect. If you have the default "content admin" role you will still only be able to right-click and duplicate apps that have been published in the hub if you are the owner, but you can still do it in the QMC as I described above. If you follow Serhan's instructions with respect to amending the content admin role you will be able to see the apps of other owners that are in their "My Work" stream, however if the app is a published app and doesn't exist in any "My Work" stream you still won't be able to view the load editor.

Cheers,

Rod

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Rod,

I just tested this morning, if you modify the content admin as described above, even if it is a published app (so it implies that it is not in anyone's My Work anymore), you can see the script. Are you sure about that or am I missing something?

BR

Serhan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the follow up Serhan! Just sent to this support desk and I'll circle back as soon as I get the modified permission.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Serhan,

That is very surprising, even as root admin I can not see the script in an app that I have published to a stream. To be clear, I have published an app to a a stream and then when I access it from within the stream to which it has been published (such as the "Everyone" stream for example) there is no menu option to access the data load editor. I can of course still access the data load editor in a copy that exists in the "My work" stream. My understanding is that this is how Qlik Sense Enterprise is intended to work and is a fundamental part of securing an app, so I'd be very interested to hear how you are able to access the data load editor from within an app that is published to a stream. It could be that I am missing something but even as root admin I can't replicate what you are describing.

Cheers,

Rod

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Thanks Paras.

When you get this confirmed, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rod,

Below is the flow. I'm the user A (root admin). My friend is user B.

1. User A creates an app and publishes it to everyone.

2. User B opens the app but cannot edit it.

3. I give User B content admin role; also modify it to work in hub context as well.

4. User B now can enter the app script and etc.

I believe this is what Paras is asking for.

BR

Serhan

Not applicable
Author

I can see (data load editor) scripts on published apps as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Serhan, can you please check out my thread to see if this might be what I am experiencing?

QMC Duplicate Error

Thanks,

Camron

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Serhan,

What I'd like to clarify is in your step 4. Is user B opening the app and entering the script via the Everyone stream, or are they in fact opening it via the My work stream? To the best of my knowledge the ability to view the script shouldn't exist in the Everyone stream, regardless of the users access rights.

Thanks,

Rod