Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create and configure users in QlikView

Hello everybody,

I am new in QlikView, and I am setting up everything so I can access from anywhere to my documents, using the QlikView AccessPoint. So far, I have been testing the tool with a test document, and I am able to connect from the outside of my server using the same user:login that I use when I connect to the server (i.e. the Windows user and pass). The final document is meant to be accessed by people from another company, and here comes my question: how do I create a specific user:pass for this external company, so when they type the url to my AccessPoint ( myServerIP/qlikview/index.htm), they are asked for a user:pass, then they can type the created user:pass (not the one that can access to my server, a new one made up exclusively for them), and they access the place (just been able to see the documents I want them to see)?

I come from a Microstrategy project, and in this tool it was as simple as creating a user and granting them permissions, but in QlikView it looks like it is not as straightforward as just doing that.

Please I will appreciate any answers. I am looking forward to starting using this new technology.

Thank you!

Ángel

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Authentication (e.g. identifying visitors) is usually done outside of QlikView/QlikView server. In your case it is done by Windows using Active Directory (AD). Create a new user in Active Directory, assign a QlikView license to that user in the QMC and grant document permissions if you are using additional security techniques (like Section Access).

Note that your Qlik license agreement may not allow you to grant access to QlikView documents from outside your company.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for such a fast response! I will check the AD then. I think the license allows me to connect from the outside, but I will check that too.

Thank you!!

Ángel