Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to make columns in a table appear/disappear based on selection?

Hey all,

I have a table in Qlikview with several expressions in it. I want to make them appear when they are selected.

Under the presentation tab of my table properties I select the conditional option. If I write here: ListboxName= 'Columname'

then the column will appear on selection and disappear otherwise. The problem I have is when selecting multiple values this doesn't work anymore.

I think I should work with an if statement and maybe the getSelectedfields function but I have no idea how to do this.

Is there anyone who can help me with this?

Thanks in Advance,

Jens

13 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

K

You are correct

I had "assumed" that ListBoxName is a field name. Looking at it now, it seems that was wrong.

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Jens

I think you need to post your QVW file (or at a sample of it). Then we can be sure to help you without misunderstanding each other.

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

In attachment a sample of my qvw file. Hopefully this makes things more clear.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Jens

Got it working on the Actual table. I only did four fields (Actual, Actual % cont to Growth, Actual % of Total, Actual vs. PY (abs)) , I leave the rest for you.

Needed some special handling for Actual, as it is also contained in the other Measure values.

=If(Len(GetFieldSelections(Measure))>0, Wildmatch(GetFieldSelections(Measure, ',', 20), 'Actual', 'Actual,*', '*,Actual', '*,Actual,*')>0, 0)
=If(Len(GetFieldSelections(Measure))>0, Wildmatch(GetFieldSelections(Measure, ',', 20), '*Actual % of Total*')>0, 0)

Also needed to detect when no measure selected to suppress the display of all expressions.

=If(Len(GetFieldSelections(Measure))>0, ..., 0)

If you want to display all expressions if no selection, change the last 0 to -1....

=If(Len(GetFieldSelections(Measure))>0, ..., -1)

Jonathan