Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

External Web Server - Authentication on AD?

We are setting up a separate server outside the company firewall to house a QVWS to serve QlikView to users that are working remotely.  We are doing this so they do not require a VPN to access QlikView.  These are employees, therefore we are hopefully avoiding the whole conversation regarding extranet.  This client is on SBE without publisher and uses active directory to authenticate their users. Obviously, the AD is behind the company firewall. We are using Digital Certificates to talk between the two machines.

The problem we are anticipating is authentication.  Still using AD, is there a way for the new QVWS to authenticate the external users?  If so, does anybody have some specific documentation on these methods?

Also, should we have 2 QVWS instances? I am thinking we might still need one to cover internal users and one for the external users.

Any advice on this is much appreciated.

12 Replies
tonyiantorno
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

HI Bill,

Quick question, does Qlik Sense have the same issues that Qlik View has in regards to connecting and authenticating users on QVWS in a DMZ?

I see that Qlik Sense offers the ability to set up Nodes (RIM) in a Global environment with  Virtual proxies and the ability to have multiple User Directory Connectors. I like what I'm currently reading in regards to setting up Qlik Sense Enterprise server and hopefully it can avoid the RO DC requirement.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Tony

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Tony,

I have not tried this, but the in Sense all the communication is done with certificates. I do think it would work.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
tonyiantorno
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Bill,

That's what I get from the QS Documentation as well.

Thanks for the quick response.

Have a great weekend!

Tony