Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikmpate0
Creator II
Creator II

can nprinting display some of the columns from a chart used in Qlikview?

I have table in a qlikview document with columns C to Q(see attached) when I use this chart in my Qlikview document all columns in my table is shown to only select users. Then for others columns K to Q are hiddden for other users. I want the same to happen when I distribute the results via nprinting.

How can this be done?chart.png

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies
Not applicable

Andrea_Bertazzo
Support
Support

Thanks for the good question. At the moment there is not the possibility to show an abject or a part of it in a report. NPrinting filters are created to select part of the data but cannot be used to hide columns.

Moreover, it is not possible to use QV conditional formatting because NPrinting imports also hidden charts.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up ! 🙂
Not applicable

You can build 2 separate reports. Create 2 Groups and add users to them. Distribute separate reports to separate groups.

Not applicable

I apologize for the misunderstanding - you can filter a report to control who says specific data but not columns.

As suggested you can build 2 different objects and create 2 different reports and build report groups to distribute

Andrea_Ghirardello

Hi,

Not sure about how you managed hidden columns but I hope that one of the different approaches used in the attached document can fit your needs.

Approach 1 (upper left): Variables

The chart contains as much dimensions and expressions as you need to show. You can choose which content to show (which fields and which values) by setting four variables values (two for the dimension and two for the expression)

QlikView NPrinting

Template Editor: Just drag and drop the chart tag (not single columns)

Recipient: associate to each recipient a filter based on variables.

Pro:

- dynamic chart with regards of content

- different filters may be imported and associated to recipients automatically with Repicient imports

Cons:

- static chart with regards of the number of dimensions/expressions

- need to create a different filter for each combination of dimensions/expressions you want to show

Approach 2 (upper right): Conditional dimensions/expressions (QV >= 11)

The chart contains as much dimensions and expressions as you might need to show. You can choose which ones to show

QlikView NPrinting

Recipient: associate to each recipient a filter based on fields that select which dimensions and expressions to show.

Pro:

- dynamic chart with regards of number of dimensions/expressions

- different filters may be imported and associated to recipients automatically with Repicient imports

Cons:

- static chart with regards of the content of dimensions/expressions (you can choose whether show or not certain ones...but the content has been defined previously)

- need to create a different filter for each combination of dimensions/expressions you want to show

Approach 3 (bottom): uses expressions

You could create a chart with a wide number of dimensions and expressions based on formulas that pick the content from fields that you select with NPrinting Filters.

E.g.

=pick(

match(Title_Column,'Sales','Budget','Diff. Sales/Bdg','Diff. Sales/Bdg %'),

num(sum(Sales),'#.##0',',','.'),

num(sum(Budget),'#.##0',',','.'),

num(sum(Budget),'#.##0',',','.')-num(sum(Sales),'#.##0',',','.'),

num(sum(Sales),'#.##0',',','.')/num(sum(Budget)*100,'#.##0',',','.'))

QlikView NPrinting

Recipient: associate to each recipient a filter based on fields that select which dimensions and expressions to show.

Pro:

- dynamic chart with regards of number of dimensions/expressions

- different filters may be imported and associated to recipients automatically with Recipient imports

Cons:

Approach 4: mix of 1 and 2

You could create a chart with a wide number of dimensions and expressions based on variables, configure these variables with formulas that pick the content from fields that you select with NPrinting Filters.

QlikView NPrinting

Pro:

- dynamic chart with regards of number of dimensions/expressions and content. No need to know previously the formulas in QlikView...you can decide them when creating filters in QlikView NPrinting

Cons:

qlikmpate0
Creator II
Creator II
Author

thank you for your response, but I'm quite new to this process, where can I create the variables? and if I have an output with several excel sheets, how does this work. I tried to use the filter option but my fields are not showing there  I'm not sure how I can go forward.

Thank you for your response though.

regards

M

Andrea_Ghirardello

Variables:

- "Settings" menu then "Variables Overview..."

OR

- Ctrl + Alt + V

Second question (multiple excel sheets): Regardless to where you put table tags from within the template editor using QlikView NPrinting Designer, tables will be exported accordingly.

E.g. CH100 into Sheet1 and CH200 into Sheet2.

QlikView NPrinting applies filters before exporting tables into excel and they will contain columns and values according with selections.