Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with source documents in QMC

Hi,

I have an strange problem.  We are using QlikView 11.20 with the publisher installed.

Since different departments are developing and publishing applications, we wanted to setup some security on the QMC.  Therefore, I wanted to start using Document Administrators, and setup the folders in the Distribution Services with the respective document administrators.  This did not solve the problem, every Qlikview administrator is still able to see/manage all documents, also the ones he is not a document administrator for.

A side effect of this setup is that my scheduled reloads fail.  Looking at the source documents, all folders have an orphan folder with the complete folder structure underneath.

Clipboard01.jpg

Deleting tasks there, also deletes them in the proper folders.  Has anybody seen such a fenomenon, and can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks a lot for your reply!

11 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The user as a document administrator w would only be able to see the document in the access point if he/she was part of the distribution list. However, if you have them as Supervisors they will see all documents in the accesspoint.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

But what if there are documents that have to be reloaded regularly, but don’t have to appear on the access point (creation of qvd’s)?

Is there a possibility to have people manage certain documents reload schedule, without defining the folder they reside in as a mounted folder?

Regards,

Miriam