Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unoptimized Load while implementing Section Access

While implementing Section Access by loading data from QVD, why do we need to do the load unoptimized?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

An optimized load transferred the qvd with (nearly) no processing overhead directly into the RAM but some functionalities like section access needs some additionally processing step (in a kind of flagging which fields are used for them and maybe some more) - an optimized load instead will only load field-values and their pointer into the datamodel.

The solution is simple - see the link from above.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

marcus_sommer

An optimized load transferred the qvd with (nearly) no processing overhead directly into the RAM but some functionalities like section access needs some additionally processing step (in a kind of flagging which fields are used for them and maybe some more) - an optimized load instead will only load field-values and their pointer into the datamodel.

The solution is simple - see the link from above.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Digvijay for the prompt help

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marcus!! for the details.. that was indeed very helpful.

avinashelite

just to add a point, the optimized and un optimized load will have difference when your dealing with the huge data set, with a small data set may not see the difference.  If you need the optimized load you can make all the necessary change before storing the data in QVD. Hope this might help you 

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Avinash. I had similar query 'If I do all transformation before storing the data in QVD, do I still require to do unoptimized load for section access'.. Thanks once again

avinashelite

No need of unoptimized load again, you can directly load the new data from QVD