Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gino2780
Creator
Creator

Visualization crosstable and date

Hello,

i'm new to qlik sense and want to make an app that visualizes a crosstable with date stamps in a diagram.

My crosstable looks like this:

crosstable date.JPG

I've tried to set up a bar chart, but couldn't figure out how to visualize all the information shown in the excel-file in one diagram.

I'd appreciate your help. Thank you in advance.

king regards,

gino2780

6 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I suggest that you post a sample of your spreadsheet.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Simply divide the information for visualizing it with different charts.

1. Line Chart --> Date and Measures: showing a kind of trend

2. Pie chart or Bar Chart--> Status or % Status and Measures: Showing the distribution of the statuses.

3. Pivot or Table-->All details, like a sample screen you sent above.

BR

Serhan

gino2780
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you.

@Serhan Celebi

What exactly do you mean by 'dividing the information'? Are you refering to the excel data or the visualization only?

In other words: Do you suggest to construct any 'help' tables out of the excel table or is it even possible to build this app with the full table as the one and only data source?

Edit:

Here is a screenshot of what i've got so far:

sample.JPG

But, this bar chart only visualizes one column of the excel file, e.g.

Dimension1: Datum

Dimension 2: Status

Identification number: cloumn 1 (CIT-ABRE) of my excel file

I can't figure out how to set a filter to pick a column of my choice for the visualization.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You may need to "uncross" your table using GENERIC LOAD (Generic databases) or using the crosstable load (Crosstable)

Regards,

Bas

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Yes I mean divide the visualizations. You have a chart but I think it is not insightful. Try not to show everything on one chart.

BR

Serhan

gino2780
Creator
Creator
Author

That's not the point. The problem was rather that i wasn't able to pick each column (see spreadsheet) while having already two dimensions and a measure defined.

Bas Van Reeuwijk's suggestion to use the crosstable command was the key.