Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sense: Different Filters on different Items on one sheet

Hi all

Is it possible to have 2 tables (but same data source) on a sheet and each table shows a different set? Lets say we have a table of cars and the first table shows all german cars and the second the rest?

Thanx for your help!

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Set analysis can be tricky

Here are the correct ones:

sum({$<country={"germany"}>}stock) to dispatch only the brand stock for germany end then

sum({$<country-={"germany"}>}stock) to dispatch the brand stock for other countries

Further reading: Set analysis and set expressions

Regards,

Bas.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Christian,

I don't know about QlikSense, I am only working with QlikView, but two potential solutions to this come to my mind: You could use SET_analysis on the GUI or, if the user should have the possibility of editing the two tables independently of one another, you could use the alternate_states method.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Christian,

Can you elaborate on what you want to achieve? What should happen when a user clicks on list 1 (german cars) and the other (non-german cars)? and do you have a field in your data to make that distinction on?

Regards,

Bas

Not applicable
Author

Hi DataNibbler, Hi Bas

First of all, Thanx!

@DataNibbler

unfortunately, alternate state seems no to be included in Sense. and as for the set analysis suggestion, please see my comment aimed at bas. thanx!

@Bas

here's an example:

cars.png

the first table show the original data. in table 1 i'd like to show only german cars, while in table two i'd like to show other cars. the way i tried to solve the problem, does not work. for my understanding, for every table i need a separate filter. is this possible in qlik sense?

thanx again!

chris

brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi Christian

It's seems that you make a mistake in you set analysis :

you should take country and not "brand"

sum({$<country="germany">}stock) to dispatch only the brand stock for germany end then

sum({$<country-="germany">}stock) to dispatch the brand stock for other countries

Another way to achieve what you need will be to create a new dimension using flag to isolate countries ( Germany vs others)

Qlik Sense does'nt support alternate state , nevertheless it's possible to simulate alternate state using variable new features in Qlik Sense 2.2

In conclusion may i advise you to post a sample of your data with your requirments so the community will help you easily

Hope it will help you

Bruno

Not applicable
Author

uff, thank you bruno. thats embarassing. you're completely right, i used the wrong set modifier... but still, not working, even with the correct feield name 😞

i attached the app. would be veeeery nice if you could help me out!

thanx!

chris

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Set analysis can be tricky

Here are the correct ones:

sum({$<country={"germany"}>}stock) to dispatch only the brand stock for germany end then

sum({$<country-={"germany"}>}stock) to dispatch the brand stock for other countries

Further reading: Set analysis and set expressions

Regards,

Bas.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much, Bas! That made the trick (and you my day 🙂

And thanx for the link too. i'll go back to school...

cool community, i like...

christian

brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi

Bas is right the correct syntax is

sum({$<country={"germany"}>}stock)

sum({$<country-={"germany"}>}stock)

Find attached your app with correct syntax

Once advise , because set analysis are prety difficult, i use this fantastic tools to built my set analysis syntax cause in fact as a end user and new to KQlik Sense  i do not understand all.

http://tools.qlikblog.at/SetAnalysisWizard/QlikView-SetAnalysis_Wizard_and_Generator.aspx?sa=

Regards

Bruno

Not applicable
Author

thank you bruno! i'll test that wizard out. seems to be very helpful...

chris