Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access

Hi,

What could be a reason why a person is able to access the qvw while seeing no data in it? I have set this persons ACCESS to 'NONE', and still the qvw opens for this person. How can this be happening? Ideas?

Kind regards,

Neal

4 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

in SA I'm not aware that you can explicitly set someone's access to NONE - you just don't include the persons you don't want to have access.

The most likely reason is some error - it would be easier to tell if you could elaborate a bit more on what you have done or possibly paste your SA script.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable
Author

Hi DataNibbler,

Yes as far as I know it is also not possible to set somebody's access to NONE, but as long as the person does not get ADMIN or USER, then they should not have access. I just used NONE to add all values to the SA table, but could have used any random string as far as I know.

Only people from Team A are supposed to see data, plus some users from the excel file. But after I reload this, not even users from Team A can access the document. I don't know if this script helps.

DataProfiler:

LOAD upper(USERPROFILER) as USERPROFILER,

USER_ID_SECTIONACCESS,

USERBUSINESSUNIT,

COUNTRY

FROM

$(vPathQVD_DM_SFE)DM_SFE_DataProfiler.qvd

(qvd)

;

section access;

Users:

LOAD ACCESS,

upper(USERID) as USERID,

upper(USERPROFILER) as USERPROFILER

FROM

$(vPathINPUT)Section Access.xlsx

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [SECTION ACCESS])

where 1 = 1;

Concatenate (Users)

Load *,

USERID3 as USERID

where not Exists(USERID, USERID3)

;

LOAD 'USER' as ACCESS,

'string\'&upper(USERPROFILER) as USERID3,

upper(USERPROFILER) as USERPROFILER,

upper(USERBUSINESSUNIT) as USERBUSINESSUNIT

FROM

DataProfiler.qvd

(qvd)

where USERBUSINESSUNIT = 'Team A';

Concatenate (Users)

Load *,

USERID2 as USERID

where not Exists(USERID, USERID2)

;

LOAD 'NONE' as ACCESS,

'string\'&upper(USERPROFILER) as USERID2,

upper(USERPROFILER) as USERPROFILER,

upper(USERBUSINESSUNIT) as USERBUSINESSUNIT

FROM

DataProfiler.qvd

(qvd)

where USERBUSINESSUNIT <> 'Team A';

;

drop fields USERBUSINESSUNIT, USERID3, USERID2 from Users;

Section Application;

Not applicable
Author

I figured out if I change the 'NONE' as ACCESS to 'USER' as ACCESS, the users are able to log in again, even if they can see no data.

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

The ACCESS field is a system field that takes only two values 'USER' and 'ADMIN', further this field only has relevance in an offline distribution setup (for those with USER, the security page of the document properties is unavailable).

For data restriction use an other custom field e.g. ACCESSGROUP.

Also, have you checked the data reduction AND strict exclusion options in document properties\opening tab?

The strict exclusion makes sure that unlisted values in the section access have no access whereas without this option you would see all data