Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I calculate weighted / corrected averages with set analysis / aggr function?

Hi, building on the below post I have tried to create a simplified model in Qlikview to calculate weighted / corrected averages:

http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/35791.aspx

PROBLEM:

How can I achieve graph/table CORRECTED AVG FOR SELECTION (APO=A) in Qlikview as calculated in Excel?

CONTEXT:

The goal I'm after is outlined in the attached Excel. Essentially, instead of calculating "naive" averages such as in table/graph "NORMAL AVG", I want to correct this "naive" average by correcting the average for the customer population of the specific store we are evaluating as calculated in "CORRECTED AVG FOR SELECTION (APO=A)".

The input table contains the fields:

- apo = store

- rel_vrd = customer

- gebj_bucket = age group of customer

- ddd_bucket = turnover group of customer

- atc5 = product code (not relevant for now)

The count that I'm doing is to calculate the number of customer contact interactions that are taking place in the different categories.

How can I achieve graph/table CORRECTED AVG FOR SELECTION (APO=A) in Qlikview as calculated in the Excel?

The primary problem that I have identified is that the vector VECTOR PER GEBJ_BUCKET still contains the dimension bbb_bucket (i.e. it is still functioning as a matrix instead of a vector).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I couldn't attach the files due to a SERVER error, so I put them on box.net:

http://www.box.net/shared/5igr68p1l0

http://www.box.net/shared/55mlyrnhs9

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Anyone?

Not applicable
Author

Bump. Help on this would make my day Smile

hdonald
Creator
Creator

Hi,

I expect you've found an answer already, but if not you could try the following;

Load in the vector table VECTOR PER GEBJ_BUCKET in the script e.g.

WEIGHT:

LOAD * INLINE [

gebj_bucket, vector

j, 3

m, 1

o, 0

];

Then for the %Reg expression in your CORRECTED AVG FOR SELECTION (APO = A) table use

=sum( aggr(count(ddd_bucket)*sum(vector),ddd_bucket,gebj_bucket))/sum(TOTAL aggr(count(ddd_bucket)*sum(vector),ddd_bucket,gebj_bucket) )

That seemed to get the desired 29%, 50%, 14%, 7% result.

I wasn't able to download the qvw, only the excel, so I can't be sure you didn't already try something similar,

Regards,

HD

Not applicable
Author

HD,

Thanks for your response! Unfortunately, the vector which you propose to load in the load script is a dynamic vector, which changes with the selection. So I have to find a way to dynamically calculate it. Any ideas would be great!

As to the qvw: does http://www.box.net/shared/5igr68p1l0 not work for you? I can send it by mail to you if it's useful. You can reach me at michel.postvak{at}gmail{dot}com.

Cheers,

Michel

hdonald
Creator
Creator

Michel,

qvw access through other routes is a problem - can you list out some sample rules for deriving the 'Vector' field dynamically ?

Regards,

HD

Not applicable
Author

HD,

Sure, I realize now I hardcoded them in the Excel. Sorry for the confusion.

The rule for the calculation of the Vector should be:

WORDS: apo = A -> Count per gebj_bucket of how many rel_vrd fall in that gebj_bucket for apo = A

ALGORITHM:apo = A -> j=SUM(IF(apo = A, IF(ddd_bucket = "j",1,0), 0) , m=SUM(IF(apo = A, IF(ddd_bucket = "m",1,0), 0) , o=SUM(IF(apo = A, IF(ddd_bucket = "o",1,0), 0)

EXAMPLE outcomes:

apo = A -> j=3, m=1 , o=0 (for all ddd_bucket)

apo = B -> j=0, m=3 , o=0 (for all ddd_bucket)

apo = C -> j=0, m=1 , o=2 (for all ddd_bucket)

Is that clear? If it isn't I can send you a new excel with the formula.

Thanks for your help!

Michel

hdonald
Creator
Creator

Michel,

Try replacing the 'sum(Vector)' bit of the expression above with the following;

count({$<apo={"A"}>} TOTAL <gebj_bucket> rel_vrd)

That will always pick up apo ' A'.

For changing selections you'd have to (one possibilty ) load the apo field out into a 'Master_apo' field and set as follows

count({$<apo={'$(=Master_apo)'}>} TOTAL <gebj_bucket> rel_vrd)

If a single selection is made that expression should work,

Regards,

HD

Not applicable
Author

HD,

Thanks for your tip. Your expression does something similar to what I had with count( {<ddd_bucket=>} rel_vrd). When disregarding ddd_bucket, this gives the correct result for the vector. However, when adding ddd_bucket as a dimension you will see that your (or my) expression does not give the desired matrix with 3,1,0 on every row, but instead:

j m o

i) 3 0 0

ii) 3 0 0

iii) 0 1 0

iiii) 0 0 0

Any idea on how to fix this?

Cheers,

Michel

hdonald
Creator
Creator

Hi Michel,

Sorry, I can't see a fix for this as I'm not sure I get the requirement - it looks like the vector calculation is working just as you specified since for Apo A some 'ddd_bucket's are not used - e.g. bucket iii only appears for 'm' and iiii not at all.

By adding the ddd_bucket as a dimension it will drill down to show which bucket made up the total for j, m or o.

You could try changing the show all values/populate missing cells on the pivot table or even adding a disconnected field for ddd_buckets but if the rows are always all the same I'm not sure what value that is ?.....why not just leave off the dimension and title the table 'Vector for all ddd_buckets' ?,

Regards,

Hamish