Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

nested if else

New to Qlikview Using Sage, want to pull stock info where if the back order qty + allocated value > physical qty then return the physical qty or if the back order qty + allocated value< physical qty then return the back order qty + allocated

Help?

=if((stockm.back_order_qty + stockm.allocated_qty) >stockm.physical_qty,stockm.physical_qty,if(stockm.physical_qty <(stockm.back_order_qty + stockm.allocated_qty),(stockm.back_order_qty + stockm.allocated_qty))

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Like this?

=if((stockm.back_order_qty + stockm.allocated_qty) >stockm.physical_qty,if(stockm.physical_qty <(stockm.back_order_qty + stockm.allocated_qty),(stockm.back_order_qty + stockm.allocated_qty))

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Daniel, Have added this to a calculated dimension in my chart but it still errors with 'Error in Calculation'. I did try the below

=if((stockm.back_order_qty + stockm.allocated_qty) > stockm.physical_qty,stockm.physical_qty,(stockm.back_order_qty + stockm.allocated_qty))

but rather than returning the Physical and BO +Alloc it returned only the BO + Alloc.

Any further suggestions.

Thanks

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

The problem is you can't use some kind of switch, so you have to do nested if else, and the problem is that is very easy to get wrong in any parameter and you'll turn crazy if you have some mistake.

What I usually do is to build my nested if else sentences in this web page that helps you to do that :

http://www.qlikblog.at/tools/Nested-If-Generator.html

Hope that it helps!!

Not applicable
Author

Instaed of a calculated dimension use an ordinary expression,

for example something like this: (you need to ad some dimonsion also)

sum(if((stockm.back_order_qty + stockm.allocated_qty) >stockm.physical_qty,
if(stockm.physical_qty <(stockm.back_order_qty + stockm.allocated_qty),(stockm.back_order_qty + stockm.allocated_qty)))