Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to log in with another user in Qlik Sense Hub ?? The user who is logged in is my administrator that was set with the installation of Qlik Sense, I insert users through Excel via ODBC, how do I log out my administrator to log other users on the Hub to

How to log in with another user in Qlik Sense Hub ?? The user who is logged in is my administrator that was set with the installation of Qlik Sense, I insert users through Excel via ODBC, how do I log out my administrator to log other users on the Hub to test?

18 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Its a bit difficult to understand what you are saying but let me try:

- The UserID that was used to install Qlik Sense is by default the Root Admin.

- You can make yourself a root admin, by having the initial root admin user log into QMC, go to users, edit your userID and change your role to RootAdmin

- Then you will have access to all QMC features yourself

- This will allow you to sync users from excel and do other administrative tasks

First you need to be made a RootAdmin (Security Admin will also work but sounds like you should be root).

Not applicable
Author

I've used a few different ways, but note that I've seen inconsistent behavior between browsers and between Win 7 and Win 8.  I use Windows 7 and these options work for me.  Hope this helps.

(1) start a new IE window (not tab), and via your hub url, log in as the user of choice

(2) start a new Chrome window in Incognito mode, and via your hub url, log in as the user of choice

Not applicable
Author

Já fiz isso, tenho 2 usuários root admin mas meu problema é no Hub, ele ja entra no usuario Admin mas eu qro deslogar ele e logar no outro usuario que criei, mas não dá, ele não desloga do usuário admin, até desloga mas quando abro novamente ele entra no mesmo usuário automaticamente, não da pra trocar de usuário.

Não sei se o problema é no meu servidor, pois o servidor que o qlik foi instalado não tem acesso externo (web).

Not applicable
Author

I've done it, I have two root admin users but my problem is the Hub, he already enters the Admin User but I qro log out it and log into another User who created it, but it does not, it does not log out of the admin user to log out but when open again he enters the same user automatically, not to switch users.

I do not know if the problem is on my server because the server that was installed Qlik has no external access (web).

Not applicable
Author

KristinM, I only have IE installed, the server that is installed Qlik has no external access (web), no internet.

Not applicable
Author

Have you closed IE altogether, relaunching it before trying to log in as a new user?  In my experience too, the Logout feature in the Hub doesn't quite work, as when you select it to logout, it really doesn't appear to do anything.  Another thing to try... close IE completely, then hold down Shift key and from Start menu right click on IE and select Run as Different User, then log into the IE session as the user, then enter your Hub link and log into the Hub as that user.

Not applicable
Author

as I know the link hub ???

Not applicable
Author

Are you unsure of your Hub url?  Your Hub url is something like http://YourSenseServerName/hub.  (YourSenseServerName = the name of the machine you installed Sense Server on)

Not applicable
Author

Yes KristinM, but when I enter this URL it comes already logged into the Admin account, that's the problem, I can not get out of that account to enter another user.

When you open this URL it opens a login screen ??