Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Content not allowed in this community

I'm getting a message that my reply in a discussion contains information I'm not allowed to post:

comm181905.png

I'm afraid I don't see anything wrong with it. Can somebody look into this please?

sliahw

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
18 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

try to remove the

o r

without space

EDIT

or or or

now it works for me

Not applicable

Brilliant. I've made the change. gwassenaar‌‌ and pcammaert‌, can you please try again? The word "or" should again be allowed in the community.

Not applicable

Give it a go now. I believe the issue is resolved. Let me know.

Gysbert_Wassenaar
Author

Yes! I managed to post my reply. Thanks!

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Thanks Andy and Massimo, it's working again.

No forced switching to and-mode, hurray!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

ahw‌, I think this forum feature is a bit too strict given the fact that it may refuse a posting completely (without giving any hints to the user why it is blocked or giving the chance to send to moderation) and based on single, common word.

You now fixed one word on the black list (would be interesting to know how it get there), but I think the german word for past being (as stated in the referenced thread in my first post) is still on that list (edit: tested, it is).

It's really quite (and I assume too frequently) annoying to see this kind of error message (which by the way doesn't help to resolve the issue in no way).

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable

Stefan,

Thank you for this feedback. I agree that it is unpleasant to receive this message; especially when it is not warranted.

Normally spam fighting techniques are private for obvious reasons, but I can share this: there are various ways to control the spam, and we've been hit fairly hard recently, so we've had to tighten spam controls. Sometimes, this tightening must be manual rather than automatic.

We of course want a good balance of all spam being blocked and all legitimate posts allowed, but sometimes there will be gaps on both ends. Today, we recognized this issue when an unintentional word landed on the blacklist and fixed it fast. I've also updated the German word 'war'.

We want to fix these types of things faster in the future. If you see something - anything - that needs fixed; don't hesitate to reach out directly to my inbox. You can either email me or message me directly here in the community. I will work to provide a solution or an answer.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Thank you for your effort and responsiveness, Andy.

I also noticed the recent spam attacks, and appreciate your hard work.

I just wondered if this specific feature may be too restrictive. Somebody stated that sending posts to moderation will be deactivated for members above a certain activity threshold. If this is true, could this feature be tuned in a similar way?

I don't see big issues with offensive or rude postings in this forum (or other examples for content now allowed), and if so, I believe the community will react / report to moderation.

Not applicable

I agree, it should not be restrictive to those who are posting legitimately. We have a strong, respectful community and offensive posts with foul language are rare. Our community reports violations quickly, and Sara and I aren't as concerned with that.

Please let me know when you come across a situation that your posts should be going through and they aren't. Happy to help.