Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create automatic PDF reports ?

Hi all,

I have created a qlikview dashboard which shows employee's time and expense statistics.

The requirement is , out of X employees , the manager wants to see the statistics for Y employees alone and he wants to have these statistics available in a pdf report individually. So Y pdf reports for Y employees on click of a button.

Currently, I have created a pdf report. I have to select the employee manually and then click on report -- pdf soft scan to generate the report. I have to do this manually for all Y employees. Please see the attached example

Is there a way where I can automate the process where I have to click a button and I will have Y reports generated ?  Please advise if this is possible

Thanks,

Praveen

7 Replies
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

try this:

Not applicable
Author

Hi Enrique,

Can you please provide an english version of this? I am unable to understand whats going on here

bme
Partner - Contributor III

There is no native way to batch export reports as PDFs in QlikView. You can either write a macro to interface with an external PDF printer such as Enrique has done in his example, or purchase an add on such as the QlikView PDF Generator add on for Publisher or Nprinting.

Not applicable
Author

from what ypu are describing, it looks like the easiest solution is to get the NPrinting add-on.  It will allow you to build reports in word, excel, powerpoint, pixe perfect, or just a qlik image of an object, generate in whatever format you want, and sistrubute it via email, file location, etc automatically, and you can also apply filters which mimicc selections and section access to the people that get the report, only get the data that involves them.

Not applicable
Author

Benjamin,

I am willing to explore the first option proposed by Enrique. I am just unable to understand whats going on there. I can read vb scripts  but haven't used Macros in qlikview before

bme

Most of his macro is written in VB script. I've not used that pdf generator object before so I'm not familiar with the properties.

Here is the QlikView object reference if you want to explore. Macros are a bit more of a legacy item and are generally discouraged. Most of the actions and properties are not accessible through the AJAX client. If you're only running this though the desktop you'll probably fine though. Best of luck!

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2640

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply Benjamin

I am going to use the desktop version for now. So I should be good with macros.

I have this API guide with me, but since I am a beginner to using Macros , I am lost as where to begin. Is there any tutorial or article available ? I searched the community but drew a blank.