cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

A Generic NPrinting scheduled report

Hello,

kindly can someone help with  these NPrinting questions.

1. Is it possible generate reports directly from QVDs.

2. can I  have a generic report that is sent to different customers with same content on a scheduled basis say every month e.g. claims report for the insurance customers

Thanks and Regards

George

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avinashelite

see once you create NPrinting task , it will automatically open the QVW and according to the chart added by you in the NPrinting report it will capture the data (note: your QVW reload cannot be done via NPrinting scheduler) . Once the report is ready NPrinting server will send the emails to the Recipients list which you have added.

Please go through the tutorials provided in the "community.vizubi.com" you will get all the details here

View solution in original post

13 Replies
ishanbhatt
Creator II
Creator II

Hi George,

Yes you can sent same content generic report to different customers.for this you have to Import Recipients with their Email-IDs.

The Process is divided into 4 sub-Processes which are mentioned below.

1. E-mail Configuration for Nprinting

2. Create an HTML Report

3. Import Recipients (Recipients E-mail Ids)

4. Task Creation

Regards,

Ishan Bhatt

avinashelite

1. NO, NPrinting doesn't have the feature to read directly from the QVD's you need to load the data to QVW and then build the NPrinting reports on top of that.

2.Yes,  its the basic feature of NPrinting, You can schedule your reports based on your needs .

go through this link below

community.vizubi.com/knowledgebase/articles/265155-how-to-create-and-import-recipients-with-filters-a

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ishan,

sure...i know the setup for emails, tasks and jobs. but creating a report that will read different data content for various customers from a qvw.

Assume i have over 5000 clients and all of them need to receive a monthly statement of their insurance claims. How would you go about designing this report.

Also, is it possible to design reports directly from QVDs or its always qlikview objects like charts, tables, sheets etc.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Avinash,

That true, i think its not possible to  develop from QVDs because you cannot add them as objects.

check my reply above about designing a specific monthly statement report.

Thanks

George

avinashelite

if you want it on a report wise schedule , then you need to create schedule for each report and you can have all the schedules in the same .nsq file . Hope you got the answer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks,

when you say schedule for each reports what do you mean?.....I only have one monthly statement Pixel Perfect report which  i have designed ...and  i need to email it to different clients with  say Customer Name, Claim Amount, Period, etc.

How will the report open qvw choose the data and distribute it accordingly.

Thanks

avinashelite

see once you create NPrinting task , it will automatically open the QVW and according to the chart added by you in the NPrinting report it will capture the data (note: your QVW reload cannot be done via NPrinting scheduler) . Once the report is ready NPrinting server will send the emails to the Recipients list which you have added.

Please go through the tutorials provided in the "community.vizubi.com" you will get all the details here

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks guys i appreciate. Just started with NPrinting, though have not done any formal training just rely on videos and this forum

Regards

George

avinashelite

No Problem George, Your always welcome with any sort of Questions , we are always read to help you