Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Test Server to DEV Environment

Hi All,

Kindly guide me how we would be installing and working when we choose Test Server in Dev Environment..

considered that Test Server in QA Environment and QV EE Server for Production.

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The question is not clear..

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

We have one Server per environment for DEV,QA and PROD. When we have Test Servers for DEV and QA each, how it is going to work out...

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Any updates please.

pamaxeed
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

if i understood right you have the following scenario:

- PROD: Qlikview EE

- DEV: Qlikview Test Server

- QA: Qlikview Test Server

Is that right?

What would you like to know exactly?

Regards,

Patric

Not applicable
Author

I would like to know how the scenario works with the below model.

DEV: Qlikview Test Server

pamaxeed
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I do not know exactly what you mean with how the scenario work, anyway i will try to give you an explanation about Test Server:

A Test server license is a different license than a production license in that it refers to it's own license records at Qlik (in Sweden) that happen to contain exactly the same number of Named/Doc CALs as the production license. Servers do not copy licensing information from each other. 

You have to purchase an own test license on qlik and then setup the test environment like a normal server and assign the CAL'S....

Hope it helps,

Patric

Not applicable
Author

So,its something like..

We do the development with Qlikview desktop client where the test server is installed.

and we do the complete testing and move it to QA: Qlikview Test Server? Is this process right.

pamaxeed
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You can have:

- Qlikview Desktop for development (can be installed everywhere, not necesary on the Test Server )

- Test Server: where you publish the developed App's and make them available to the test user for example via AJAX Client

- Prod Server: after successfull testing you can move the app on the production environment (PROD Server) and make them available to the End User.

Something like that....

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the replies !!!

Currently we would be having Test Server installed in "DEV" Environment as well..

Kindly let me know the Hardware specifications for Test Server