Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do you identify which Oracle Home a Qlikview is using if multiple Oracel clients are installed?

We have QLikview installed on a server that has Oracle clients for both Oracvle 10 and Oracle 11.

when I try to connect to my database using Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle I GEt the following error:

The connection attempt is displaying an oracle error --- ORA-06413 Connection not open

I can perform the same connection for a laptop that has Oracel 9i client.

Any thought appreaicated.

regards

Frank

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi ..thanks for the pointer. This clarified that the default home is the 64 bit driver. We will remove the 32bit QV Client and the 32 Bit Oracle Drivers and then install the 64 bit QV Client. It seems that the error message above is known in Oracle when the path to application trying to connect contains a Parenthesis (). The QV 32 bit Clients sits in a folder called c:\Program files (X86)\

Cheers

Frank

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

First try with command line "tnsping" that there is really connectivity between laptop and database. That exclude firewall problems, database down, incorrect installation etc.

If there are multiple Oracle versions, one can use an ODBC datasource. That allows to select the driver. QlikView is slower with Oracle ODBC versus Oracle OLE DB, but still works ok.

-Alex

Not applicable
Author

Hi ..thanks for the pointer. This clarified that the default home is the 64 bit driver. We will remove the 32bit QV Client and the 32 Bit Oracle Drivers and then install the 64 bit QV Client. It seems that the error message above is known in Oracle when the path to application trying to connect contains a Parenthesis (). The QV 32 bit Clients sits in a folder called c:\Program files (X86)\

Cheers

Frank

bruno_m_santos
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Frank,

I've the same problem.

How you solved your problem?

Thanks

Bruno