Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
francofiorillo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Loading problem with 10 Qlikwiew

Hello.
It happens to me a strange thing.
With the release of version 10, I started to try the applications already made.
I had no problem, except for an application for which I can not reload the script as though not getting any error message from the variables, and showing that you have loaded the data, in the end I said:
Running the script failed. Load the previous data?
I have tested.
1. I tried to load only part of the script. To a certain extent is fine, then randomly just add another sheet of the script gives me the error persists, oddly enough, even if I delete the package you just added.
2. I tried to export the presentation of the document and to import it into a new document. Well. The data load is successful only the first time, then I always get the same error.
I think there are dirty data. In the script, do not use anything special. Can I assume that would be the command RESIDENT (I have several).
Could you please give me a hint?

thanks in advance for your cooperation

31 Replies
tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issues. A bit differently however.

In my first script where I used Input Fields I get the "Duplicate keys when loading Input Field" message when reloading, where it fails.

In my other script, I don't get any errors in the load, however the InputSum() function display a "-" and their is no possibility to edit the values.

I've also reported the bug.

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Two things you should consider when using inputfields:

1. The inputfield must be created after the table structure has been made stable. For example, you can't create an inputfield in a table and then join that table to another. Therefore, the creation of the inputfield should be the last operation done on a table.

2. In version 10, each row that contains an inputfield must have a unique indentifier. If one doesn't exist, you can create a field in QlikView using rowno() that will give each row a unique number.

Regards.

Not applicable

using rowno() does not work, other solution?

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Are you receiving the same error? It might be helpful if you post your script.

Regards.

Not applicable

Hi,

I had the same error (duplicate key...) and rowno() worked fine for me.

Part of my script:

Inputfield FC_1, FC_T1;
load distinct
KEY_FC,
OT_Quartal as FC_Quartal,
0 as FC_1,
'y' as FC_T1,
RowNo() as ID
resident ontop;

Thanks for helping!

Cheers,

Tanja

Not applicable

Torben Seebach wrote:
Hi, I'm experiencing the same issues. A bit differently however.
In my first script where I used Input Fields I get the "Duplicate keys when loading Input Field" message when reloading, where it fails.
In my other script, I don't get any errors in the load, however the InputSum() function display a "-" and their is no possibility to edit the values.
I've also reported the bug. <div></div>

I got the same problem and i didnt solve this. I´m using the 10.00.8715.5 (64bits) QV´s version.

sukydhak
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Guys

I can't get my input field to work with XLS. It works as expected with an inline table. Just hangs with xls. Any one knows how to fix this.

Attached is the sample document.

Suky

Not applicable

Hello,

Replace the code for:

inputfield Commentxls;
table_xls_aux:
LOAD Key as Keyxls,
F2 as F2xls,
if(isnull(Commentxls)
,' '
,Commentxls) as Commentxls
FROM
table1.xlsx
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

see ya

jr

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Were you all able to make inputfield to work on QV 10 SR1?

I moved the inputfield definition to the end, but it didn't help.

I can use my field as regular field, but list boxes or straight tables do not allow me to change the number anymore.

Inputsum returns null for me in any case.

Please, I'd like to know more about your experiences.

Did you contact QlikTech support about it?

Rgds,

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hello Erich,

You have to define the inputfield before you load it or else it isn't defined as an inputfield. Inputfield works with v10 SR1, but there seems to be some changes in generating it.

What specific error are you getting?

Regards.