Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QMC reload different from manual reload.. WHY?

Hi All,

When I manually reload my multiple qvw's in the different architectural layers, there is no problem. But when I set the reload sequence in the QMC, which each qvw reload (except first) waiting for the previous qvw to be reloaded successfully, my initial full loader qvw (that takes data from a DB via OLE DB connector) does not pull the same data. There is for example a table (I pull and store in qvd) which has data after manual reload of the full loader qvw, but no data after QMC triggered reload. This causes the chain of reloads further down to fail.

Any body have experience with different outcomes from manual reloads versus QMC reloads?

Many thanks,

Neal

6 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

are the access rights the same? There must be some reason why your QMC_load does not pull data. Does the table exist empty or does it not exist at all?

P.S.: Oh no - I'm caught in the moderation_loop once again. Really, this is getting a bit much ... does it happen that often to everyone who posts here every day?

marcus_sommer

The qmc user-account is probably different from your local account. Therefore the access-rights to folder and database will be different and maybe the machine, too with effects to installed/enabled odbc-driver, firewalls and maybe some more.

- Marcus

khan_imran
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Neal,

This could be happening due to the connection which you are using to extract the data from Data base.

If you could given us more details for it then someone would be able to help you out.

Regards,

IK

Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

The table is existing but empty when loading via QMC, and full when loading manually via local domainname.

I have contacted the systems admin who will check the access-rights of both domain-names.

Thanks,

Neal

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Check to make sure the ODBC driver is setup as system and not User. Also, if you enable the document logging that might show where the issue is.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III

Do you have a production and QA environments of the database that you're pulling the data from? It could be that server/machine on which QMC is set up is pulling from QA database (which is typically identical - in structure but not always in data - to production database) whereas your local machine is pulling from PROD.

Similar thing happened to me. If the machine on which QMC is set-up doesn't have access or is set up to pull from QA and QA and PROD databases contain different content (PROD: populated table, QA: empty table), then that could explain the results you're seeing.

I hope this helps.

Mikhail B.