Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hbandari3636
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to get only latest 10 weeks as a dimension in a bar chart

Hi all,

I have a field coming from database which has only Friday dates in that example 10/02/2015,09/25/2015,09/18/2015 etc upto 2014. I need to create a bar chart where the dimension is the above week ending date field and expression is if(xy=%,avg(values),sum(values)). I need to get only latest 10 weeks to be displayed on the chart starting from today. the dimensional limits tab of chart is only getting the highest values based on the Values field. Do we have a option of setting range in the dimension of the chart.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
Not applicable

you would want to use set analyis in your expression where you would calcualted back 10 weeks from today

the dimesion would be your date field and the set analysis would be limiting the results of your expression to just the 10 weeks

hbandari3636
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Can you give a correct example please of what do you mean by limiting the result of expression.....?

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

If you just want the data set to be the last 10 weeks of data from the latest date (today or your max date in the model):

Sum (   {<Date={">=$(=Date(adddays(Today(),-70)))<=$(=Date(Today()))"}>}   Sales)

or

use a variable:     vCurrentDate:     =vMaxDate

Sum(   {<Date={">=$(=Date(vMaxDate))<=$(=Date(Today()))"}>}   Sales)

And... ensure your load script is wrapping your date field with Date(). IE:     Date(Date)  as Date

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

realize i had a typo for 2nd option;

use a variable:     vCurrentDate:     =max(Date)

Sum(   {<Date={">=$(=Date(vMaxDate))<=$(=Date(Today()))"}>}   Sales)