Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Logic behind the layout of a Listbox with formulas?

Hi,

I cannot seem to get the hang of this:

- When I have a listbox on some specific field in a QlikView_app, I quite often use a formula to determine the relative portion that
   one specific value has relative to the total of that field.

- When the field is some kind of date, I also often user the WEEKDAY() function to see what day a specific date was.

=> In that case, I just cannot seem to distribute both the actual values and the formulas evenly in the listbox. I have to make it a bit bigger, that's no issue, but somehow I don't understand how to use the combination of the columns (I know I can drag those a bit) and the "presentation" tab settings to distribute the three evenly.

Can anybody help me there? What is the general logic behind this?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: In particular, there always remains quite a lot of white space to the very right and I can't seem to find the edge of the rightmost column in order to drag it like the others?

3 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Hi DataNibbler, though you have tried your question with nice explanation, I am still not able to understand your question properly.

Can you provide one example also?

marcus_sommer

I'm also not sure what excactly is the problem - it's definitely fiddly to adjust the columns - but maybe a table-chart could be a more flexible alternative: Building a nicer, dynamic QlikView multibox The Qlik Fix!

- Marcus

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Marcus,

well, building a multibox for user_selections is not exactly what I want to do, but it surely is an interesting thing that I'll try to keep in mind.

Well, I guess your definition that "it is fiddly" pretty much sums it up. If there isn't any particular trick to it - I'll just make do with that.

What I'm currently working on is not an app that is going to be viewed by users, so it doesn't necessarily have to be nice and elegant.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler