Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

JOINS cause script failures

I can't figure out what I am doing incorrectly.  Anytime I add a "JOIN" to my script, when I reload the data, the data loads into the tables, however, at the end of the script I get a "Execution of script error".  I have put logging on and I do not see any descriptive info in the log that points me in a direction to fix the problem.  Any ideas?

Sample code:

TABLE1:

LOAD * INLINE [

A

];

LEFT JOIN (TABLE1)

LOAD * INLINE [

A, B

];

24 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am running QV Desktop 11.20.12852.0 SR11 x64 on Windows 8.

Looks like you are running 11.20.12904.0 on Windows 7.

Assuming you have rebooted the machine you are running your QV Desktop on, then this is probably one for Qlik Support.

Not applicable
Author

I reloaded it successfully running 11.20.12904.0 on Win 7 x64, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I agree with Bill, and if reinstalling the client and restarting your system hasn't helped then it may be best to open a case with Qlik support. There may be something hosed with your installation.

Good luck!

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Before you do that and contact Qlik Support, you can always have a look at what the Windows Event Logs have to say about this (Application log, possibly System log). Note the time of the General Script Error and navigate to the same time in the logs.

I've seen weird things happening on Windows machines. Only very few of them could be attributed to QV.

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, I am not getting any info with similar time stamps written to any of the Windows logs.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Larry,

Have you ever found out what was causing this issue? I've had the sameone today and the server restart has helped, but I would still like to know what went wrong...

Thanks!

Olga