Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qliksense System Log Files

Hello All,

Where can we change the options of qliksense log file generation.

I want to overwrite the log files due to taking more space in C-drive, Is it possible?

Is there any options like selection high, medium, low in generating log file?

Please can anyone share the deatils of Log file generation in qliksense in detailly with best suggestions.

Thanks

Avinash

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi Avinash, almost each element in the "configure system" section of the qmc has a "Logging" section where you can adjust the level of logging for various parameters, ie:

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Avinash, almost each element in the "configure system" section of the qmc has a "Logging" section where you can adjust the level of logging for various parameters, ie:

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

I don't know if it's the same in QlikSense - I'm working with QlikView - but here, there are two places where to look for log_files - the directory where the apps are stored (there is only one log there, always overwritten) and the QlikView_Distribution_Service written to the installation directories where all the old log_files are kept, sorted by day and time in subfolders.

There is, however, only one setting for the logging in general - it's either on or off in both locations.

We had the same issue rgd. the space on the QlikViewServer (installation directories) with the old log_files clogging it up - the IT_guys are now cleaning that up every 30d. You could also use a small batch file to do that.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable
Author

Many thanks Ruben For your reply,

Could please tell me steps how to go to the above page.

I didnt find the tab as Looging in QMC.

Please help me on this.

Thanks

Avinash

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruben,

I am new to qliksense. Could you please tell me what options is much better way to follow for generating log files.

Thanks

Avinash

rubenmarin

Hi Avinash, to go to that page you can click on engines in qmc menu:

If you click on "Engines" it opens your installed engines, Double-click on one of them (by default there is only one, called Central), once is open, on the right margin select "logging" to display the logging and tracing sections.

I can't tell you wich are the best options, I'm still a newbie on this.