Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to disable option Ctl+T "Table Viewer" on the ie plug-in

Hi,

We are using QV plug-in for web, and I don't find a way to disable the option Crtl-T or "Table Viewer" from web. I don't want the users to see our model. I disabled the "Table Viewer" option from the Design tool bar, but it's still showing the model from web when the user press Ctrl-T.

Does somebody know how to solve it? I'll really appreciate it.

Best regards,

Marcela

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi, I am having the same error, with the QV plugin, if users press Ctrl+T they get the db model screen, please post your answer, if you get it to work.

By the way, i tried CTRL+E (Script screen) and thankfully it does not display the script to the end users!

Any suggestions?

Regards.

-ed

Not applicable
Author

We also face the same issue, can you please post the solution if available

Thanks

Rathna

pljsoftware
Creator III
Creator III

Hello,

try to put your script in section hidden, where usually we put our section access.

------------------------------------

Luca Jonathan Panetta

PLJ Software

Not applicable
Author

Hi!

This should be fixed in QV10 SR2 (expect it somewhere in Mid of April).I have a customer who requested the possiblilty to turn off CTRL+T for endusers.

Please read through the QV10SR2 releasenotes as soon as they are available. You hopefully will find a closed bug for this problem.

Roland

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Did anyone get a solution to this? I know that in V10 SR2 QlikTech address part of this by doing the following:

QEMC - System - Setup - QVS - Documents tab>"Allow Server collaboration" turned off - when off no table viewer is available, however this only works for Ajax and not for IE plugin or developer clients.

I have also thought about loading on 1000 rows of blank data into the table to hide the values, as I'm not too worried about the field names just what the preview data shows.

Any other thoughts/ideas would be great!

Thanks

Gavin

Not applicable
Author

The issue can be resolved by installing Qlikview 9 SR7 or over. The opendoc.htm needs to be updated with the latest version like codebase="/QvPlugin/QvPluginSetup.exe#version=9,0,7773,9" so that the clients can be forced to load the new plugin if they have previous versions of plugins installed.

The Allow Server collaboration shall be turned off as well.

-Rathna