Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to do testing on qlikview using jmeter

I'm a trying to do performance testing on qlikview to determine if it can handle the user traffic on the same server that is performing the Qlikview reloads.

I have to use JMETER to do this. Pls suggest me some appropriate steps to do the testing.

Any assistance is appreciated.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

QlikView does a lot of requests/reply between server and client. It is not trivial to script it even with fancier tools like LoadRunner.

For start, you could improve the performance monitoring of the server to see actual load trends.

-Alex

Jens_Argentzell
Employee
Employee

Hi,

There is a tutorial available at http://community.qlik.com/groups/qlikview-scalability/media/default.aspx on how to create load testing scripts for Qlikview with JMeter. It wasn't there when you posted your original question, but for the next time.

Not applicable
Author

Hi jae

Thanks for the useful tutorial.

I followed he instructions. I use ClikView v10 instead ClikView v9 and I think that the protocol was changed. For example, I couldn't find the ticket in the parameter list of opendoc.htm

Any suggestion is welcomed.

Thanks

Jens_Argentzell
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Yes, there are major differences in the protocol between version 9 and 10. There is now an example script available for version 10 as well. Use that for inspiration until a version 10 tutorial has been finalized and uploaded.

Best Regards,

/Jens

Not applicable
Author

That's very helpful for me.

Thanks!