Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

what is the advantage of placing visualizations in master list?

Let's say the users have been trained and are comfortable with creating their own visualizations -- i am trying to figure what is the benefit of putting visualizations in master list?

(I have been using it a lot for measures and dimensions. it's great -- any changes to master measure/dimension gets carried to over to all sheets in the app. But I am not sure if I need that for viz's so looking for other advantages that I might not be aware of)

Thank you!

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Centralising and reusing things really help if one is striving for the infamous "Single Version of the Truth"

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Paras,

It really makes more sense when an app is published to a stream within Qlik Sense Enterprise. The app's Master Items can provide predetermined visualizations that can be used as templates for new visualizations to be build from that can be used in the users own sheets. Or perhaps, the same visualization makes sense in another sheet used in combination with different visualizations - you may not want to create the same visualization again, etc.

Check out: http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.1/en-US/online/#Videos/Videos-reusing-dimensions-measures.htm%3FTocPath...

You may also want to check these out too, if you have not seen them: New to Qlik Sense Videos

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik