Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Google Maps Plotting Issue

I am using the personal edition of Qlikview and am trying to map locations using the google map static map api. I have about 3,000 records and am able to get the google map to display with the locations pinned to the map but the locations are not aligned properly to their lat, lon.

I have used the code in the example su[pplied with Qlikview. I am using a unique identifier, a seven digit number as the dimension. on the expressions tab of the map my expressions ar for latitude, longitude and sum of sales.

The definition of the longitude and latitude expression,

=

avg( round (256*pow(2,($(var_zoom)-1)))+( longitude *((256*pow(2,$(var_zoom)))/360)) )

=

avg

(

((

256*pow(2,($(var_zoom)-1)))+((0.5*log((1+(sin((latitude)*pi()/180)))/(1-(sin((latitude)*pi()/180)))))*((-256*pow(2,$(var_zoom)))/(2*pi

()))))

changes the X and Y value to a field other than Latitude and Longitude and the definition ends up being Sum ([longitude]) and Sum ([latitude]).

I suspect this may be the issue but I have not been able to solve the problem so the data displays properly.

Any help would be appreciated.

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

@jean-jacques Jesua: you can get a valid qlikview license key if your company is a Qlikview Partner.

Not applicable
Author

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/674/0576.Lat-Lon-used-in-Qlikview.xlsx:550:0]

try to use this file as a source..

then in your scatter chart; use ID as your Dimension..

*make sure that your code in your script editor match the case of the fields(Longitude and Latitude).

Not applicable
Author

I save the app in QV 9.

Check if you can open it

Regards

JJJ

Not applicable
Author

The problem has been solved. Your suggestion to check the case of latitude and longitude was the key!!! Tha capital "L" kept the map from displaying properly. Whodathunkit?

Thank you so much.