Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Editing theme.json in Qlik Sense server

I am able to edit theme.css in C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\sense\theme.css and see the changes refreshing the app sheet but if I edit theme.json, I don't see any changes refreshing the page or evene restarting all the server's services. Any hint on this? Thank you very much in advance!

4 Replies
muhammadraza
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Any solution you got, I also face the same issue and wonder what is the purpose of theme.json?

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

The theme.json currently does not serve a purpose beyond acting as a template.

The contents of theme.json is inlined into client.js and referenced internally so changing theme.json won't have any effect on your installation.

You can edit the theme.css however if you want to apply some css rules to your installation.

The files exist right now as we are preparing to launch theming in later releases.

ChristofSchwarz
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

The default theme.json from "C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\sense" is apparently not read by the server. Copy/paste the "sense" subfolder and give it your own name like "C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\mytheme" and add ".../theme/mytheme" to the url of the resource (e.g. http://localhost:81/sense/app/24d645c6-ca55-4dc9-ad32-000c685f38fc/sheet/df6a5/state/analysis/theme/....

If you modified the "theme.json"and "theme.css" in that copied folder "mytheme", then it will be applied (once per session at least, the rest is browser caching as well as server-side caching).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When working on Qlik Sense Enterprise:

If you want the default theme to use the theme.json in the default folder (C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\sense\theme.json), you can remove the hard coded define for "text!themes/sense/theme.json" at the end of the main require.js file:

C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\assets\external\requirejs\require.js

Hope that helps!