Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to show a dimension and its associated values in single row if the first dimension is repeating?

Hi Everyone,

I have a table in which a particular dimension(MATNR) has ID's which are repeated if there are multiple values associated to a single ID when used in pivot or straight table. Is it possible to show  the data in single row for each MATNR by using only the script without repeating the MATNR values by using the sum of values if it is a numeric value and if it is a date, only one date and if a value is repeating only one value relating to that field and MATNR.

I have attached a qvw which I am having issue with and it is in a straight table.

7 Replies
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Is that you need?

I use Sum, and Max function

p57.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Enrique,

Yes, that is what I needed. Have you achieved it using the script? If yes, could you post the script.

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

No, I only use function SUM or MAX in the table (see expressions)

And you have the QV file attached

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Enrique,

I asked for this to be executed in script, based on the MATNR, because the end user has a requirement wherein they may need to add up some more dimensions in the future and it may contain the values which may cause the MATNR to show up the repetitions again. So to avoid that, is there a way to use the same logic you have achieved in script? The user wants to only add a plain dimension(not calculated dimension) and get their results without repetitions as they are not aware of the aggregations and all.

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Hi Uday,

You should use Sum (var) for numeric and Max values (var) to date values or the like

If you need a solution in the script is necessary to group clause in load and Sum o anothe function agregate for other values

Sorry because my english is very bad

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It can of course be done in a Load Script - however before trying to help you I noticed that your data model seems a bit strange. You have multiple Sales connected to only the MATRNR and then the MATRNR is key to the table where you have dates. This cant possible work well. I think you have to revise it some way or you will get repeating Sales for every date which gives you incorrect sum of sales ...

What do you think?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The sales and dates are working fine as far as I can see. Both of them are showing values based only on the MATNR. If I could get one MATNR per row with associated values summed up or only one value shown depending on the type of values. Moreover, the MATNR in my case is repeating because we have different values for the same MATNR under the CLABS Dimension. So if such is a scenario with anymore dimensions that are going to be added in future, they have to be summed up and should only be shown in one row alongside the MATNR values.