Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Setting up a new environment

I've set up a couple environments where the IIS is on a separate server from Server, but I've never set up a system where IIS, Server, and Publisher are on separate servers, and I can't figure out where to tell Server where the Publisher server is.

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In QMC, goto System->Setup and select the yellow entry "Distribution Services". In the pane that appears in the top right corner there is a green button with a plus sign. Click that button to add another Distribution Service.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

PC1:     IIS

PC2:     QMC and QVS

PC3:     Publisher

Do I need to install the distribution services on PC2?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No, only on PC3. The "Publisher" is the marketing term for QDS = QlikView Distribution Service.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

So I ask again, how do I point the QVS on PC2 to the QDS on PC3 when I don't have any configuration options for QDS on PC2's QVS?

In the QMC on PC2 I have "Qlikview Servers", "Directory Service Connectors", and "Qlikview Web Servers", and in the "Directory Service Connectors" section I have: Active Directory, Custom Directory, Configurable ODBC, Configurable LDAP, Local Directory, and Windows NT.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

So I answer again: In QMC, goto System->Setup and select the yellow entry "Distribution Services". In the pane that appears in the top right corner there is a green button with a plus sign. Click that button to add another Distribution Service.

Can you give me any reason at all why the QVS should know where the Distiribution Service is installed?

You will not be able to properly configure a Publisher before you license the thing. Goto QMC->System->Licenses->QlikView Publisher->QlikView Publisher License, enter the license details and click Apply License. The QMC will now get a completely different appearance. Then do as instructed at the top of this post.

If you don't own a Publisher license, you cannot offload the Publisher to a different machine. Sorry.