Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tanvi_madan1
Partner - Contributor III

How to change qlik sense interface language ??

i have a requirement where i want to display all my objects title in 4 different languages as users selects it from the filter list??

Regards,

Tanvi

11 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In order to implement that, you'd need to replace all static labels with data-driven labels and manage all your texts in a data table. The table could look like this:

TextNumber

Language

Text

For each label, you'd need to assign a number (or an alpha code if it's more intuitive) and manage multiple texts, one per language.

The calculate text could look like this, for example:

=only({<TextNumber={25}>} Text)

This is assuming that one and only one Language is always selected. Since there is no setting like "Only One Selected Value" in Sense, you could enhance your formula like this:

IF( Count(distinct Language) = 1, only({<TextNumber={25}>} Text), only({<TextNumber={25}, Language={EN}>} Text) )

In this formula, English can be used as a default if more than one language is available.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

QlikView Your Business: An expert guide to Business Discovery with QlikView and Qlik Sense

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

its a bit hit and miss at the moment Tanvi. if the chart element can be updated by an expression.  i.e has an Fx icon in the corner then you could add an expression like

If(count({1<[%LangKey]=P([%LangKey]),%TextKey={'TextKeyValue'}>} [Text])<>1,

'DefaultTextKeyValue',

Aggr(Only({1<[%LangKey]=P([%LangKey]),%TextKey={'TextKeyValue'}>} [Text]), [Text]))

The above expression will handle when a user doesn't select a language or selects more than one as by default Qlik Sense doesn't allow single value filter options.

I have a language table that stores my translations in key pairs

Regards

Andy

tanvi_madan1
Author

Thanks Both of you for the solution above . I will try them .

Regards,

Tanvi

tanvi_madan1
Author

Need to ask 1 more does qlik sense interface language gets change based on the selection by the user.

I know that it depends upon the web browser setting which i tired at my end . if i want to display a particular language for the qlik sense interface as well as my chart objects when the user logs into qlik sense by single sign on is it possible to do some thing like this ??

Thanks,

Tanvi

tanvi_madan1
Author

Hi,

I tired with above solution i was able to change the object title but not able to change the sheet title it remains static. Any way of doing so??

Regards,

Tanvi

Not applicable

Hi,

If you can't see the Fx symbol, its not possible to add logic to make the title dynamic. In this case with the sheet titles, its not possible to change names depending on selected values in the app for example.

tanvi_madan1
Author

Thanks Fredrik.

Also need to ask can i dice the data and language setting based on the section access in qlik sense. I am tiring to implement the same but not getting the idea how to proceed.

If any suggestions it will be helpful.

Thanks,

Tanvi

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Section access you can identify the user and through your data model identify the users preferred language and data access.

If language is important there are gaps in Sense as myself and Fredrick have identified in areas of the app you would expect to be able to dynamically set and currently cannot.

With that in mind you have 3 choices

1. Create an app that's partially translated in Sense or in English (native language) only

2. Create separate language specific instances of your app to get round the hard coded text issues.  Note you will potentially have higher deployment and costs as a result

3. Create the app in Qlik View where tfor example sheet names can be set dynamically

Regards

Andy

Not applicable

If you want Section Access to determine the language of the app, i would say that you need to include the field containing the translations or if add the users to different groups, have the language criteria included there.

e.g. you have all the translations stored in a field called language, that field should then be used in your data reduction criteria. So that the user will only have one set of translations in the field Language, which then will be used to inside the app for naming listboxes, charts, text-objects and so on.

You can have a look at and download this demo app, that have language handling that might help you in the right direction: QlikView