Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikmpate0
Creator II
Creator II

missing records when using concatenation

I'm using concatenation to create the data I need, but pre concatenation I have the records I need to get the final figure, but when I use concatenation, some of my records are missing giving me different totals. When I add a field I then get the totals I need. Although the field I add is not a key field. Can any one help or has anyone experienced this?

regards

M

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qlikmpate0
Creator II
Creator II
Author

My Solution to this was to use group by rather than distinct as swehl suggested. the distinct is using the distinct records from the unshipped table and then concatenating the records on to that table which then does a distinct hence losing the records that I need.

Thank you for all your help.

regards

M

View solution in original post

10 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

It would be easier to help you if you post at least your script code, or even better a small sample QVW that demonstrates your issue.

avinashelite

I think you might have the similar set of data with same values associated with it . so when new field is added its able to identify the same. Please share the sample app

qlikmpate0
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I can't send sample data as this would be against company ethics. can you advise of how to send sample data, do I do a simple reload, for only a number of records?

avinashelite

No, need to send the actual data, create a mock of it like columns A, B and sample data . Its just of us to visualize the data pattern and issue with it

avinashelite

I did get the field or  chart your referring to

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You are doing a

Concatenate(Unshipped)

Load

Distinct

[Join to Comparatives],

Brand                    as [Brand New],

//[Comp Mngmt Resp]        as [Mngmt Resp],

[Comp Mngmt Resp]        as EBS_Extract_XXFOL_UnShipped_All.H_MANAGEMENT_RESPONSIBILITY, // THIS HAS BEEN USED ON OBJECTS RATHER THAN Mngmt Resp!

[Comp Period Name]       as [PeriodName],

[Comp Type]              as Type,

'Backfilled'             as UnShipRecType

Resident Comparatives

Where not Exists([Join to Comparatives TMP], [Join to Comparatives]);

A DISTINCT LOAD will also affect the table you are concatenating to. Hence might reduce rows (unless you are using a distinct key field like potentially your delivery_detail_id).

qlikmpate0
Creator II
Creator II
Author

The field is EBS_Extract_XXFOL_Unshipped_ALL delivery_detail_id, and the object is the Volume CM comparison.

delivery_detail_d was not being used initially only when I conflicting figures that is when I added this field in and all the figures seem to be correct.  My question is why would something like one field cause the data to be correct when added. When the initial load creates the records and then the new records are added(concatenated to the existing. How can those records not be included in  the summation.

qlikmpate0
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I'm not using the delivery_detail_id as a distinct key only the Brand, mgmnt resp, period name and type.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure what you are talking about in your last comment.

I think your issue is related to the LOAD DISTINCT in your concatenate'd LOAD, which affects also the first table.

See also

Concatenate loading rows: behavior and performance « BI Commons