Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Drill Down Group Behavior not correct

Hi All,

I am facing a problem that is very accurately described this this post.

http://community.qlik.com/ideas/1722

However, I do not find any solutions to it. How can I stop the automatic drill to the next to next level, if there is only one selectable value in the next level?

Please help. Ideally even if there is only one selectable value, QlikView should show that to maintain the consistency of going down one level at a time. But this does not happen.

Thanks

Raghu

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The correct URL is community.qlik.com/ideas/1722. Just do not use the http:// thing before the URL. For some reason it does not work.

Thanks

Raghu

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The workaround I use for this is to add a null() to each level that may have only value. The null won't appear in the chart, but will qualify as two values and thus suppress the drill for one value. See attached example.

-Rob

http:robwunderlich.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

I tried this solution. I actuall have around 50 fields in my QVD. I am loading this QVD in QVW. Then I am doing a concatenate like this

CONCATENATE

LOAD null() as Dim1,

null() as Dim2

......null() as Dim7

AUTOGENERATE 1;

But does not seem to work in my case. Is there any specific setting required on the table? I am still skipping the dimensions during drilldown.

Thanks

Raghu

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

As your solution are most trustworthy than others hence, i am giving you trouble. I have similar requirement where in I have Drill Down group with single possble value. Attached herewith is the QV document.

I have hierarchy G1 which have few calculated dimensions value. The issue is ,it jumps to next level is possible count is 1 . I tried to add null values but calculated dimension fields are not seemed to work for me.

Could you please help me getting the solution?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

Thanks for all the useful info you get for us in your blog.

Can you please help me on this?

Please refer my post http://community.qlik.com/message/447114#447114

Have a look at Drilldownissue.qvw in the above link...

After going through the link you have provided, I was trying to implement....

Please refer the attached file...Once I select the entity_name am seeing the prd_desc the second level of values where as it not rolling up to the first level even after using the NULL value.

Please also email me praveenkumar.palle@nttdata.com

Thnaks & Regards,

Praveen Palle

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Raghu,

were you able to resolve this issue

Please let me know, it will be of great help

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I was a little confused with adding NULL values.

If I doesn't select anything it works.
But when I was selecting any value from my drill down group, the result was still wrong. The reason for that is quite simple, if i add null-values to my data model without any connection to the rest of my data model they won't be longer selectable in the associative way.

So i builded an app which should work fine. You need to add all your fields in the normal Way, but the last one with an Ad-Hock variable. Just replace my Fieldname with yours or see attached File.

=$(=IF(GetPossibleCount(Feld3)=GetSelectedCount(Feld3),'Feld4',  IF(GetPossibleCount(Feld2)=GetSelectedCount(Feld2),'Feld3',    IF(GetPossibleCount(Feld1)=GetSelectedCount(Feld1),'Feld2',    'Feld1'    )  )  ) )

Best,
Tim

Not applicable
Author

This worked for me, thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This worked for me, but here issue is it not drill to next level

i have 4 fields

field1

field2

field3

field4

field3 has only one record its showing as expected in drill from field2 - field3

issue is when click on field3  field4 is not showing its stuck in field3 only

how can i resove this @Tim Loroff

i have written same like this for last field(field4)

=$(=IF(GetPossibleCount(Feld3)=GetSelectedCount(Feld3),'Feld4',  IF(GetPossibleCount(Feld2)=GetSelectedCount(Feld2),'Feld3',    IF(GetPossibleCount(Feld1)=GetSelectedCount(Feld1),'Feld2',    'Feld1'    )  )  ) )