Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how do I "refresh" data in Qlik from sharepoint excel file

wow, such quick and helpful responses. Thanks to Mike & Robert.

Loving this forum already.

separate question. I have a sharepoint list linked to excel file and this excel is loaded into qliksense.

I am able to see content in QLik. If I add a new item to sharepoint list, how do I "refresh" data in Qlik.

Currently, I go to excel , hit refresh, get latest data, then re-open qlik , hit reload, then data shows up.

was wondering how to re-load data from a linked file.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

It can be not.

maybe future releases will have triggers or VBS access but at the moment the only thing you can do to install this extension

http://branch.qlik.com/projects/showthread.php?498-Qlik-Sense-Reload-Button-(incl-Partial-Reload)&hi...

to reload QS from front end to speed up your processes.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Loki, if you are using Qlik Sense Desktop - a manual reload is needed. If you are using Qlik Sense Enterprise - you can schedule a task in the QMC (management console) - to reload this app on a scheduled basis.

IS this what you are referring to, or something different?

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

OR - from what I am seeing, do you mean initiate the actual refresh procedure that you normally do in SharePoint / excel?

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Michael does QS support SharePoint connection yet or are there any plans to do that?

Maybe I'm wrong but as there are no triggers/VBS/JS you can not write code to open Excel file, refresh the file close and then refresh QS which could be done in QV.

Feeling Qlikngry?

How To /Missing Manual(18 articles)

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Robert, correct - that is exactly what I was thinking - so we should wait to see what Loki clarifies with. I believe it is the latter reply - in which he would like to set of a trigger to refresh the sheet in Excel and then reload in Qlik. This would purely be an API related thing then.

Loki?

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Mike and Robert,

You are correct. It is the latter option I am referring to. have a script to open excel, reload data, then open QS and reload data/app.

can / how can this be done?

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

It can be not.

maybe future releases will have triggers or VBS access but at the moment the only thing you can do to install this extension

http://branch.qlik.com/projects/showthread.php?498-Qlik-Sense-Reload-Button-(incl-Partial-Reload)&hi...

to reload QS from front end to speed up your processes.

Not applicable
Author

Robert,

Thanks for pointing me to a cool extension. Very helpful.

I did extract it to folder as mentioned by webpage. However I do not see "Reload" button in my app.

what am I missing? should I code to include it?

also I have qliksense desktop, so not sure if this applies only to qliksense server.

Let me know. Thanks,

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

It applies to both.

In desktop -Look at your panel on left hand side when you are in edit mode.

(The same where all your object are and drag to your application)

Look for Reload button.

In server- you need to upload ZIP file with the extension.