Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikStart for v11 versus Qlikstart for v10.xx: backwards compatible?

Hi,

I haven't found the information I need (yet), therefore I'm posting this here hoping one of the QV experts can help me out.

1. What is the difference between the QlikStarts for QlikView 11 and the older QlikStarts for QlikView 10.xx from a technical point of view?

I've noticed there are only 3 QlikStarts for v11 available, while there are 10 for QV 10.xx.

2. Is it possible to use the QlikStarts for v10.xx in a QlikView 11 client without changing the SAP Connector for QV11? (backwards compatible)

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Zhou

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Zhou

Did you ever find the answer to your question?
I am faced with the same question and would love to know.

Thanks

Sarah

Not applicable
Author

Hello Sarah,

I haven't received any response for this thread. But went ahead experimenting with a few QlikStarts.

If I remember correctly, the V10.xx versions still work in QV11. I did encounter an error in the FI QlikStart, but didn't look for the cause. Data extraction will always work since SAP doesn't change table names that often (only in the new HANA systems (eg. S/4 HANA for Finance, a big change in table names/reduction in the number of tables have occurred. Changes in field names, types & length might occur, but not very often and is not related to the QV version, rather than the SAP version.

Conclusion: you can use the V10.xx QlikStarts in QV11, but be prepared you might encounter small issues (may not be related to the QV).

Best regards,

Zhou

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Zhou, really appreciate your help ☺

Cheers

Sarah