Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III

Always Show Polygon Labels

Hi Qlik'ers

i've created some polygons with Google Earth to get a KML file from it.

When i import it as KML file it is all working good with the map visualisation.

My Question now is, if i can show somehow the labels of the Polygons all the time, not only when i hover it.

The Coordinates in Reference to real places are irrelevant.

The Polygons are looking like this:

polygons.JPG

The top one should show "Receiving" for example.

I'll add my KML file and a Test.qvf for more explanations.

Thanks in Advance

Chris

7 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Hi Christoph

As you will find with most charts in Qlik Sense the responsive nature of them limits the control the user has on what to display and when especially labels.  Its one of the trade offs of having a chart that adjusts to differing view ports.

In QlikView you have lots of control over the appearance and behaviour of charts but a static view.  Its something we all need to get used to in working with the new tool.

Regards

Andy

igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hey Andy,

Thanks for your Reply. Maybe there is another way to work around this problem, so i'll leave it open a bit more

Regards

Chris

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Good luck Christoph,

If you need certain values to be persistently displayed on a sheet perhaps a table underneath the chart could contain the information you need displayed?

Andy

igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III
Author

A Table is probably too small, i tried Text fields on right/left side of the map but it wasn't really nice.

The Information would just be the Name of the Field when u hover over it. So if you hover over the first Bar on top you'll see Receiving and a Value for "SUM(Nr)" so the name of the top bar is Receiving and this would be like a City name to be shown on the map. So maybe there is a way to set up a Name acting like a City Name for the Bars, so they would always be shown.

Regards

Chris

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

good luck in your search for a solution as I said I think you will need to accept the way Qlik Sense handles it.  You can always have a look in Qlik Branch for an extension that solves your problem but out the box I think you are limited in that regard.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Another idea.  How about a heat map.  At least your label will be shown.

igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I guess that wouldn't work because i need the formatting like it is (it's very soon format at the moment) so the heatmap can't give me what i need.

Anyway, thanks for your tips

Regards

Chris