cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Dimensions' label in a chart

Hi guys, I'm building a qvw to analyse SAP-BW process chains day-by-day performance. Precisely I used a bar chart to build a "Gantt" that shows for each execution of a chain the moment it started, how much it lasted and when is stopped. So I used the LOG_ID (table RSPCLOGCHAIN if it helps anyone) field as unique dimension.

LOG_ID values are, however, not readable and I'd like to substitute them with the relevant chain name. I tried CHAIN_NAME (TXTLG of RSPCCHAINT) as dimension but the chart would have become incorrect with more than one execution of the same chain in the period object of analysis: in this case the relevant bar disappears.

So my goal is using LOG_ID as dimension but viewing the corresponding CHAIN_NAME in the chart.

Is it possible?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You can do this as a calculated dimension, but it would be better to create a new field in the script, but have the dimension be something like below:

TXTLG & '(' & LOG_ID & ')'

or it might work in the script if you create a field using the dual() function to create a sort of mask.

dual(TXTLG,LOG_ID) as NEW_DIMENSION

Regards.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You can do this as a calculated dimension, but it would be better to create a new field in the script, but have the dimension be something like below:

TXTLG & '(' & LOG_ID & ')'

or it might work in the script if you create a field using the dual() function to create a sort of mask.

dual(TXTLG,LOG_ID) as NEW_DIMENSION

Regards.

Not applicable

Hi,

I think you should create a new field during load. This new field will be your new dimension. You can use the dual() function to create a field that looks like your CHAIN_NAME and can be numerical sorted according to LOG_ID:

Load ....

dual(CHAIN_NAME, LOG_ID) AS New_Dim

HtH

Roland