Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Update from Release 2 to Release 6; Qlikview Server 9

Hi Guys,

We are thinking about applying release 6 for Qlikview Server 9 but it seems quite same work and as I learned yesterday also the IE plugins on the client would need to be updated. Since this seems to be a bigger effort I am wondering if we need to go release 6 at all.

What features/functionality is part of Qlikview Server 9 release 6 that is not part of Qlikview Server 9 release 2?

Thx

Ludwig

3 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Check the Release Notes for SR 6 to know what has been fixed from Release 2 to Release 6. Usually between service releases the only change are bug fixes and I would recommend that if you aren't affected with a bug in Release 2 then you shouldn't upgrade to SR 6.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ludwig,

If you want the list of updates, I would advise to read the release notes for SR6 version.

Qlikview upgrade should be done if you have some bugs or missing features which were updated in later service release.

You're right, it is better to update IE plugin and Qlikview DEvelopper as well ( so that everybody is using the same version).

Installing a new release is (in my point of view) a mini migration but still a migration. I highly advise you to test applications on a test server using the release, because there can have strange behavior or issues ( for example calculated dimensions causes issues in SR6, etc..).

So to summarize, if you don't see any specific need to upgrade, don't do it... and moreover wait to migrate for V10...

Regards,

Sébastien.

Not applicable
Author

Good points! Thanks for input. I feel like going to version 10 makes more sense at least for our situation.

I'll will look into the additional features and go from there!

Thx again guys

Ludwig