Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Treemap label not always showing

Hello everyone,

I'm using treempas, it seems to work great , except one aspect, often the labels disapear, while using or at all, here is an example where one square with area 21 is displayed correctly , but another one with area 326 isn't.

If i close compeltly QlikSense and open it several time in a row (without editing anything)  it appear , or doesn't, sometimes it disapear during usage. but when i fly over with the mouse i always get the description.

I have no clue why these label sometimes apears or not (at the same level of dig down of course).

If anaybody experienced something similar , let me know. Thank you .

empty subject.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I think you are using a treemap with multiple dimensions is this correct?  In your data you have values that have dimension 2 the number displayed but not a supporting dimension 1 value.  Assuming there is not an error in your data you could exclude the null values by unticking show null values on dimension 1.

Hope this helps

Regards

Andy

View solution in original post

10 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I think you are using a treemap with multiple dimensions is this correct?  In your data you have values that have dimension 2 the number displayed but not a supporting dimension 1 value.  Assuming there is not an error in your data you could exclude the null values by unticking show null values on dimension 1.

Hope this helps

Regards

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Hello Andy !

Yes multiple dimensions, and actually only the lowest dimension created the issue, but when i don't show the null values , i loose some inormations, and the graph isn't reprensentative anymore.

is there any treatment i should do to the data  ?

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

If your dimension contains null values is there a way to load a relevant replacement for the null value in your data layer? I.E  If null then 'N/A' which could be applied during the data load or in the source application reporting layer.

Let me know if you need help on the syntax side of things if this approach would be useful.

Regards

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Dear andy,

This is what have to bee done. QS show the value of the deepest field , even of it's null, it would bee a more practical to ignore the bottom layer if it's null

so what i did :

Dimension1 AS dimension1

Dimension 2 if (null, dimension1, dimension2) AS dimension 2

Dimension 3 if (null, dimension2, dimension3) AS dimension 3

This work fine in 90 % of my cases, but if dimension 2 and 3 are empty, then i still have some garbage, i think i have to work  a bit on my logic.

Thank you one more time for your precious help

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Not applicable
Author

I will take a look as soon as i have realised how to install external libraries

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Is actually pretty simple.

Just repack the zip file to your:

C:\Users\ YOURID\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions

Feeling Qlikngry?

How To /Missing Manual(18 articles)

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Hi Robert

Nesting an if in your final dimension display should solve your corner case of both vales being null although performance might be noticeably slower. Give it a whirl.

Dimension 3 if (null, if(dimension2=null,'N/A',dimension2), dimension3) AS dimension 3

Regards

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andy ,

With a slighty change it worked fine

Dimension 3 if (null, if(isNull(dimension2),'N/A',dimension2), dimension3) AS dimension 3

Thank you for your help

Here is the result wich is exactly what i needed

20-10-2015 11-15-38.png