Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

One filter to work on several fields

Has anybody have had to use a single filter for multiple fields. Suppose you have 3 tables and in each of them there is a field which considered together have the same set of possible values let's say 'Department'. I one to create a filter that works on three of these fields.

I don't want to have listbox that does the combination of 3 of them. I want it to feel like one selection for the user but 3 in background.

The only way that comes to my mind is using add action when one field is selecting for the other fields to be selected as well without the user knowing. However it does not seem that straightforward how to do that.

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

It sounds that your tables are missing the right association between them then normally a selection in one field affects all associated table-data. Therefore before going on any workarounds with actions or others I suggest you should rethink your datamodel.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

can you provide an attachment of your data model.  If all of your tables are linked together, making a selection from a field, should update the objects containing data from your multiple tables - If they are not all updating when the selection is made, it is most likely due to the tables not being linked or linked correctly.

click on the to get a visual representation of the data model