Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with line chart,please

Hi all,

I have an issue with a line chart:linechartissue.jpg

For some reason the red "Beta" data is still shown when there is no data, and it interferes with the data that should be present. In the upper graph, its tail covers the "Alfa" data. In the two graphs in the right the data is presented as expected.

It seems like the "Beta" draws a straight line from its last value to the last value present in the graph. This is clearly seen when selecting to suppress zero values in the lower left graph.

* One "solution" is to  fill up "Beta" with zeros, but I don't want to do that since it gives unwanted behaviour in other places.

I have attached the .qvw file from which the screendump is taken.

* If I put "Alfa" on top of "Beta" it also works, but in my real application I have many more data sets and they are dynamic, so I don't want to try to sort them.

Can someone please explain why this happens and how I can get rid of the tail of non-existing values??

Thanks in advance for your attention.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I opened a case on this issue, 00417189, and it was accepted as a bug.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

My guess is a bug in the rendering engine. The red tail in the upper left chart should simply be blue like in the lower left chart. Suppressing the zeros will ignore those zeros causing an interpolation, which is correct for that option but not what you want.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is there a way to get rid of the interpolation from "Beta"'s last value to the last value shown in the graph ("Alfa"'s)? Or maybe force it to interpolate to the next-coming zero?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Or maybe that should be "extrapolate"? 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I opened a case on this issue, 00417189, and it was accepted as a bug.

Not applicable
Author

Is there any reaction on this from QlikView side?

markus19-85
Partner - Contributor III

are there any new information about this bug?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

"Your issue as described below has been reported to our R&D department with ID 69494." as of 16/10 -15.

markus19-85

Any updates on this issue??